Followers

Monday, July 26, 2021

Back Entry-Work in Progress

We're still puttering away in the back entry.  I thought taking up the old carpet would be strenuous & difficult....but Mr. Seventies reports it was quite easy to remove.  We decided the carpet had been down for minimum 25-26 years...as the same carpet was installed in the lower family room.

And we installed laminate click flooring there in the fall of 2001.  But left the carpeting on the steps.   The plywood steps are not pretty...and are original to the house.  But they are sound...and sturdy...so we see no need to replace them...


Next, the boob light fixture was removed...


And two coats of fresh white paint was applied.  This entry is no easier to work in than the front entry...with about a 15 foot drop from the ceiling to the bottom...in tight quarters.  Once the paint was dry...the new light fixture was installed.   It's a good thing Mr. Seventies is a pro at installing new fixtures...as the instructions were of no use.  But it is up and I love how it looks....and it's so pretty when turned on at dark....



Ready for new paint....that little piece on the wall...is to keep the door from striking the wall when it opens...I prefer it to one of the wire ones on the base moulding...


And...remember how I was going to go with a light colour in the entry?  It appears I lied.  Well...not really a lie...just a change of heart.   Since the entry colour scheme is black, white...and grey....I chose Beautitone paint in the colour of...Real Grey...seems appropriate.  I think it will look awesome...when the door trim and base mouldings, floor tiles and carpeting are installed...

And I vow this will be the last time Mr. Seventies will be painting this entry.  If ever again...we will hire it out...as my nerves cannot take situations such as this...the man has no fear of heights.  I don't know what scares me more...the fact he has no fear....or that I am terrified of heights!  



So not only doing you get a glimpse of my painter hard at work...but also the wall colour!   In other news...I scored this amazing high chair on Facebook Marketplace for when our little grand baby comes for visits (and meals).   After a thorough cleaning & disinfecting....it's ready for use.  And the best part...it completely folds up when not in use!!


And look what came on sale BOGO at Michaels!!   I did an online order with store pick up...easy peasy...this is the one I wanted...


And since two for the price of one is even better...I got this one as well...since it has all of the colours that match the area rug in the family room.....

And speaking of area rugs...I have not been happy with the one in my vanity room since we put it down.  It's too big for the room...and an ugly brown.  I have not been able to put any decor in that room....since I do not like that rug!!  It literally has been laid down...and nothing else done...



So...it's going.  Either on FB Marketplace...or to daughters house...if she wants it for her hubby's man cave...either way....it's going.

I've ordered a smaller....very colourful area rug for the room.  It's bold & bright...and more my style...and will show more of the hardwood flooring.   I'll share once it has arrived...and I get the room pulled together a bit more.  Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get it just right...for me. 

It's raining here...again.  We've had a terrible July weather wise...which is why the decision was made to re-do the back entry sooner rather than later.  

The front walk has been put off until spring...Mr. Seventies has a torn oblique muscle and requires physical therapy...so any heavy lifting is out of the question,  And he has agreed, to hire the work out.  Or he's telling me to appease me...not sure which it is...but for now...I'm okay with that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have an amazing day where you are!!






No comments:

Post a Comment