Followers

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Exterior Reveal

Today I'm sharing the completed exterior refresh....we've had so many compliments on the colours chosen.  As a rule, I use the colour matching machine at Home Depot...you scan a paint colour chip...and it gives you co-ordinating colour suggestions.  

That machine was out of order.  So...I winged it...but chose two colours that I love...and glad I did!



I have a mat to place on the front step...but thought I'd give a couple of days for the stain to set...



Giving the house a power washing prior to painting was necessary...we are very happy with how everything turned out.

My lavender is a day or two away from being snipped!  I'll give it a couple more days of sun to "ripen" then I'll pick it down.  It smells amazing...I'll have a couple of bunches in the house and share a bouquet with my daughter.   This is one  of two clumps that are just about ready...




Mr. Seventies has the window from the main bath removed...it will be dropped it off a the glass shop today for glass replacement.  

We discovered the shocks on the hatchback on our SUV are broken.  This makes opening it very difficult...and it will fall sharply without being held up.  The garage is ordering new ones...it will take a day or two for them to arrive.  And of course...they are not covered under the warranty.  The salesman we dealt with advised they will be paying for most if not all of the repair.  Which I thought was very gracious of them...especially since we did not ask...nor was it expected.

I wasn't even going to advise the dealership...but the garage owner advised me to.... (his garage handles the vehicle maintenance for the dealership).  We don't bother with extended warranties either...we seldom use it...yet spend about $2,000 for it....or the required repair ... isn't covered anyways.  

We are hoping hot weather returns...we have not been in our pool in July...either it has been overcast or raining...fingers crossed things turn around soon.  So much for the forecast of a hot, dry summer!

Hope you are having beautiful weather in your area!  If so, send it our way please...


No comments:

Post a Comment