Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Carpet For Back Entry Stairs

Because we live close to Home Depot....I thought I would start my carpeting search there.   I researched on their website...found a couple that were in the running...had the info on my phone....so off I went...thinking this was going to be wrapped up quickly.

For the record....service was non-existent.  I headed to the flooring department...and suddenly three employees sitting at the flooring desk...vanished.  Poof.  Gone.  I hung around for a few minutes...checked out the carpet samples...and finally went in search of someone....anyone...who could assist.  Found an employee...who paged the flooring sales person.  Five times.  No one responded.    By this time....fifteen minutes had passed...and the employee turned to me and with about as much empathy as she could muster mumbled a "Sorry..I can't get anyone to answer".   And that was the extent of the customer "service".  

Now I did not mention how much carpet I was looking to purchase...could have been an area rug...or carpeting for a whole house.  Not that it would have mattered...nor should it have mattered.  So Home Depot...a huge fail.  I should have known better.

I headed for a local company...which is a bit of a drive...through heavy construction....and traffic...and received immediate, cordial service!  The flooring salesman was very accommodating...we went through all the different brands, styles and colours which would be durable for stairs.  He is coming to get an exact measure in the next day or two....and gave me the sample board to bring home and make my choice.  This carpet is a bit more expensive per square foot...has a 20 year wear warranty...pet and traffic durable...

This is the large sample on one side..so you can get the feel and texture of the carpet...


And it comes in a variety of colours....the first sample in the second row is the one we've chosen.  It is gray with a black weave...as opposed to the one above it which is black with a gray weave (or lines).  The one on the top right looks gray....but it is Chestnut Brown.


Once the measure is done & the carpet ordered...we've been advised it will take about 1 1/2-2 weeks to arrive.  They have installers...so we don't even have to look after that.  Mr. Seventies had planned to remove the old carpet yesterday...but worked with our neighbour/contractor on a cottage.  Today he is sanding the back entry walls...then plans to take up the carpet...and perhaps get started on the painting of the entry ceiling.

All a work in progress...



No comments:

Post a Comment