Followers

Monday, August 2, 2021

Entry Update

Mr. Seventies finished the flooring in the back entry....and it looks amazing!  He did such a great job...I love how they look!  He ended up using three tubes of Gorilla Glue...but only needed three boxes of tiles (with a couple of spare left over)...so I was able to return one full box.

He installed the step edgings...and Liesel's leash holder & my broom & dustpan are hung along with his hat rack & hooks for his ball caps...all things needed in the entry.  The final jobs will be the carpet and putting up the door casing and base mouldings.  Then we can knock this job off our list.

I received my "Hello." decal...and the seller did not include transfer tape.  I picked up a roll...but I was unable to get it to transfer the decal to the door.  I've never had an issue before...so not sure what is happening.  The seller is sending me a replacement...I'm hoping it works better...



I dropped into Home Sense the other day...they have a few fall pieces out...and I am so getting this piece for our mantle!  I needed to measure it's height...then determine if there is enough height between the mantle and the tv.   There is....I will be going back to pick it up (there was four in stock...).  I love the wood base...and the colour of the pumpkins!!



Pumpkins are beginning to show up everywhere....I love the wooden one on the left...but not a fan of the candle holders....


While I was at Michaels (picking up the transfer tape)...I spotted a couple of cute items.  I love the darker stain on the bread tin covers...


Great pumpkin decor...but unless these are kept indoors or in a sheltered area...they would definitely be blown around outside...if left standing & not secured.  I love that mine are heavy enough for that not to happen...we get a lot of wind here...



And pretty tablecloths...in fall colours...this one with the maple leafs is my favourite...might just be the Canadian pride in me...




Perfect for a fall or Thanksgiving table...fall is my absolute favourite time of year...even over summer....



And some of the cutest dish towels...I may pick up a couple of these as well...


This sign struck me funny...I would have purchased this for my sister...but sadly we lost her in 2016.. she would have loved this....(and she always had a cat or two)...


I'm crushing hard on this gorgeous bowl...I have no need or use for it...but it's just really pretty....


I found this pretty lap desk for my laptop on Amazon...it arrived a few days ago & I'm loving it!  Very comfortable and soft on the underneath...and holds my Mac beautifully.  Some have slots to place your phone in...but I needed one just to set my laptop on...and this one is perfect....



Mr. Seventies has my vanity prepped & ready for a couple coats of paint.  Going really girly on the colour too!!   It should tie in with the new area rug which will be arriving Wednesday.  We rolled up the larger rug & dropped it off at our daughter's....she plans to use it in their bedroom.   I will be much happier with my vanity room when it's done to my liking!

We picked up the main bath window that had the glass replaced....very happy to have that completed.  I spent two hours last week...going through the linen closet & filling two very large totes and one smaller one with quilts, comforters & shams.

Mr. Seventies cleaned out the furnace room...we still have the old stair carpeting to get clear of (it's cut in four foot lengths, tied up & ready to go out to the curb for pick up)...and our old non working ash canister vacuum for recycling.   It's amazing how fast we collect cardboard boxes & bags of recyclables...and that's with Mr. Seventies taking them to the recycling site on Saturday mornings....
 
We plan to sort through our Christmas decor later in the fall & have decided to pass on our large, flocked Christmas tree to daughter.  It's a lot of work (and mess) for us to haul out every year...and with getting a smaller tree...we won't need as many decorations.  Time to continue to downsize a bit....

We have sun today...fingers crossed we finally get a few days of summer weather.  I feel cheated...as we've had rainy, cloudy cool weather for weeks.  Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature to send us summer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by & have an awesome day!







No comments:

Post a Comment