Followers

Monday, August 16, 2021

Looking Forward To Fall

Summer finally arrived here...and it has been very hot & humid!  I'm not complaining...we've had some lazy days...doing nothing more than grillin' & chillin'!  It seems "fall" is everywhere though..and since it is my favourite time of year.... I look forward to sweater weather, pumpkin candles and cooler days. 

Before our staycation...I had been out & about...and checked out some fall home decor that is slowly creeping it's way into the stores...luvin' this muted tone of stacked pumpkins!  



And how cute is this adorable gal with her bouquet of sunflowers? (pardon the shoppers in the background)...


I find these witches brooms adorable!  I've also seen the ones that move about themselves...but these ones are stationary.....they would be so cute as exterior entrance decor...if you are fortunate enough to have an entrance out of the wind...or were able to secure it...




This adorable little ghost went off the shelf a few minutes after I snapped a photo!  And I can understand why...so cute!!  I was tempted myself...look at that adorable bow!!



And table runners!!   Some were so pretty...just like this one...(turned sideways so the gorgeous pumpkin colours can be appreciated)..




And this one...I could not resist!!  It is shorter in length than a full 72" runner...it will lay on my table beautifully!  The pumpkins are a soft corduroy... another shopper & I fell for them at the same time!  And there were two of them...so we both were able to happily get one....


A couple of fall tea towels.. saw the dachshund...and had to have them!  I kept one for myself & gave the other to my daughter...(we've been grand paw-rents to their little wiener dog as well...for early eight years)....


Little touch of nostalgia here...growing up we had a similar bread storage bin...this one is so pretty...


I'm very excited to hear Bed & Body Works Canada will be opening an on-line store!  Our closest store location is one province away...I've always hoped they would open a retail store here.  And have long wondered why they didn't have an online store in Canada.  Well it appears now they will this fall!  

Since I've long been not able to travel to New Brunswick.....I've ordered from the US site.  And while some might consider it expensive...with the exchange in the Canadian to US dollars...I tend to think I'm avoiding a $50 bridge toll to the mainland...and about $100 in gas.  Not to mention the whole Covid thing...

I placed a small online order...I'e never tried Bath & Body Works candles...but from the reviews they are supposed to be "scentsational"...so I ordered a couple of fall scented ones...Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin...
And Pumpkin Pecan Waffles...(don't they sound yummy?).....


And a can of the same scent room spray...

I'm really looking forward to trying these out.  I tend to like strong scents...so hoping these are to my liking.  If you've tried them out...leave me a comment and tell me what you think. 

Lastly...the linen duvet cover I ordered on Etsy arrived!!  I am blown away by the quality & softness of the fabric!  And the colour.. the dark mustard yellow....is exactly what I had in mind!  I paired it here with the olive green linen sheet set.  I cannot wait for cooler nights to bring out the feather duvet & put everything on the bed!


Today promises to be another beautiful, warm day.  Not the stifling hot, humid days we enjoyed last week...but more seasonal & still very pool worthy.  

Speaking of pools...our neighbour (three houses away)...had the stanchions holding up his pool let go!!  A 27 ft round pool...holding thousands of gallons of water...just burst open...and flooded the ground!  No water damage done to their home or neighbours homes...but wow!  No warning signs...just a swoosh and it all let go!

If you remember a couple years back...that is exactly what happened to our pool. Except we noticed the damage in the fall...when the pool was empty for the winter.   It was a costly repair...and makes me wonder if our home insurance would have covered it.  Going to check into it...if it isn't. covered..we will definitely be adding it.

Our neighbour is checking with his insurance...so fingers crossed.   The other important step when installing a pool...is to obtain a building permit from the city.  Most pool owners...don't bother.  And that is just not smart.  If no building permit is issued...the city is well within their rights to mandate the pool be removed.  Very glad we have our permit. 

Hope you have an awesome day!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!












No comments:

Post a Comment