Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Vanity Room

As a reminder...this is my vanity when we brought it home from Rose Cottage Antiques...it dates from the 1940's...



Mr. Seventies spent a couple of days then priming and painting it white...which was an improvement from the dark wood (there were a couple of spots that required small repairs)....


Now the white was fine...but I really wanted it to pop!  And now...it pops!!  I've ordered a navy runner...in the meantime I'm using one I have on hand.....



And how about that rug??  Now that adds some colour and personality!!  The green stool wasn't going to cut it with the colours now...this pretty mauve one is from Home Sense.  

And...yes...I did it.  I purchased the pumpkin decor...out of the six I counted in stock...there were only three left.  If I wanted it....I knew I had better pick it up.  Until fall arrives & I place it on the mantle...I set it on my cabinet until then....



I still have some tweaking to do..I'm thinking a velour bench would fit in under the windows...and a couple of decor items are needed on the walls.  This room is more....me.  

Rain again here for the next couple of days.  Big surprise.  I read we had 12 days in July where it didn't rain!  Not that there was sun...it just didn't rain on those days.  And August is not looking to improve much.  On the positive side...our potatoes are ready in the garden...and they are delicious.  Nothing like new potatoes!!

Hope you are having better summer weather where you are.  Thank you for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment