Followers

Monday, August 23, 2021

Monday Catch Up

Monday has rolled around...and it looks like another hot & sunny week ahead!  We've been enjoying great weather...grand baby & her parents joined us for an afternoon of dips in the pool & hamburgers on the grill. 

Update on the back stair carpet - it is supposed to ship from the west coast of US on August 27, 2021...via Fed Ex and arrive here within five days.  So...it will be sometime into September before it gets installed.  We've been hearing that some have waited upwards of six months for carpet to arrive!  If ours arrives within the promised timeline...we'll be pretty happy with that.  

I've had a couple of bunches of lavender hung & drying in Mr. Seventies storage shed for a few weeks now & it was ready to be stripped...and used in little sachet bags.  I purchased the bags at Michaels...


I filled each bag with three tablespoons of lavender...and was delighted to fill six bags!  And the smell...is amazing!   I divided them between daughter and I.  These are perfect for tucking in drawers...or hanging just about anywhere...


Still picking up the odd piece of fall decor...this white ceramic pumpkin with it's crackle finish will be gorgeous with a battery operated candle inside...it was one of two available...so I placed it in my cart pretty fast...



A smaller version of the gnome wagon similar to the one I purchased last year...I love the muted colours as well...


How cute are these little guys?  I came across them at a local discount store...but at $9.99 each...I didn't feel that was much of a discount...so I left them behind.  I would have purchased them for my cabinet had they not been over priced...


This adorable planter was in the same store...and again not at a"discount" price...but was available in three different sizes.  I think this one was $29.99...and it was the mid range size.  There is a large discount store on the other side of the city I plan to check out some time this week..hopefully their prices are a bit more reasonable....


I loved this travel mug though!  Since we have an abundance of them...I didn't buy this one...but it's still pretty funny...



I plan to do a coffee bar section in the kitchen...for fall...and would you believe I don't have a sugar bowl & creamer?  I have coffee mugs in the shape of black cauldrons and orange pumpkin shape (with green handles)...so I'm hoping these will add a touch of whimsy to my set up...



Later when fall is in full swing & I have my fall decor set up...I will do a tour.  One thing I have learned to do (without a Smart TV) is to have screen savers displayed on our tv above the fire place in the family room.

Cannot wait to have fall scenes playing...and can you imagine the Christmas ones scrolling?   Some have beautiful sounds and/or music...or you can have them run silently.  I'm so pleased I'm able to do this...I did have a little assistance from my smart & helpful son in law!  I had it mostly figured out...but am so appreciative of his help!

Can you believe this is the last full week in August?  Soon the school buses will be rolling..leaves will be turning colours...and the temperatures will be dipping.  Until then though...we're going to enjoy the remainder of the summer!  

Have an awesome day & thanks for stopping by & sharing a part of your busy day with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment