Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

So This Happened....

In my post yesterday...I gave a sneak peek of the headboard I ordered.  I was not completely happy with that choice & we all know if Mrs. Seventies isn't happy....no one is happy!  Not to mention the one online was $427 more expensive!! 

Previously, when Mr. Seventies measured the headboard...at Home Sense... we realized it was a king size...too big for our queen bed.  I was so disappointed.  But something just didn't settle with me.  After an appointment yesterday....I dropped into Home Sense again.  Since they had two of these headboards....I decided to revisit them.  Sure enough....the one Mr. Seventies measured was king size.

However....the second one was marked "Queen". And comparing the two...it didn't look as wide as the other one.   I quickly grabbed a tape measure (supplied at Home Sense) and measured....and sure enough...it was a queen size!!  Thinking previously both headboards were the same size....Mr. Seventies had only measured one.  After performing a little "happy dance".....I quickly cancelled the online order  (since it had not been shipped)....and purchased the one at Home Sense.  

As luck would have it...our friend & neighbour...was available...with his truck (which has a cab cover).  He picked up Mr. Seventies...and they brought the headboard home!!  (sorry about the poor lighting...a rainy, overcast day....and it's standing in the hallway)....


It took nearly three hours to attach it to the bed frame...since there were no holes or hardware with it!  Mr. Seventies needed to drill pilot holes....then two holes on either side...and use the proper size screws.  Sounds easy enough.  It wasn't.  A trip to the hardware store was required...you'd think with the 100,000 screws Mr. Seventies has collected over the years....having the right size ones on hand would be a given.  It wasn't.

I'm happy to report the headboard is attached...and with the box spring & mattress in place...it doesn't look near as ginormous!  I am so in love with it!

I'll post photos later in the week once I get things in order...probably Friday.

Happy wife...happy life!!



2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely headboard! I see you live in PEI - I have memories as a young teen visiting there, going to the beach and the water was COLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salt water on the North Shore is very cold!! Which is why we have a pool..lol! I'm not a fan of salt water...yet I live on an Island that is surrounded by it!! It is a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete