Followers

Monday, November 22, 2021

Soggy & Windy Monday!

But thankful it's not snow!  There is an intense low pressure heading our way....but the rainfall amounts have been downgraded a bit.  Thankfully, the trees are mostly bare...90 km/hr winds could be an issue if there were still a lot of leaves still on the trees...as potential power outages could happen.   This wet, windy system is going to be with us for two-three days.

We plan to put our tree up next weekend..cannot wait to put my new ornaments on!  When I attended the home design show last week,  I learned of an amazing decor shop in Cavendish!  The interior designer used a number of beautiful items from Cottage Life Boutique.  I ordered a couple of these adorable snowman pottery mugs on their website...and my friend & I decided to visit the shop later in the week.  I will pick them up then. My neighbour & I were chatting the other day....and she picked up a couple as well....




I finally found a sign for my cocoa/coffee bar...although it's not exactly what I want...it will do.  Maybe I will see something at the shop in Cavendish...this is the one I ordered....


And my trusty old bread machine...went kaput.  We mainly used it for. putting together pizza dough...as I was never successful in making bread with it.  It was an odd shaped beast...and quite heavy!  Mr. Seventies & I discussed whether to replace it or just purchase the dough pre-mixed at the bakery or grocery store.  Welcome to the family....


Wal Mart had two...just two models in stock.  Choices were limited...but I like that this one has the bread pan & paddle that can go in the dishwasher!  Score...


This machine is so much lighter than our previous tank...easy to lift out of the cabinet, as well.   Since I already had the ingredients in my old bread pan...we dumped them into the new one...and hoped for the best.  I'm happy to report the dough turned out perfect!  Good decision.  And...I just may attempt a loaf of bread in this machine....Mr. Seventies loves fresh bread.  I am required to eat whole wheat carbs...so I many just whip up a loaf of whole wheat bread.  My previous machine....not matter how precise I measured...the breads turned out like a lump of stone!

Liesel has an annual veterinary exam today...a visit to the "room of doom"!  She is all happy until we walk through the doors at the clinic...and then she will hide under a chair...because being examined, in her little mind...is painful.  Not. 

I haven't go the bedroom pulled together yet...I'll get to that this week.  As a rule, we have our outside wreaths and planters done...but with this messy weather system on the horizon....we decided to wait on doing those as well. 



 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So much...I ordered another one! Picking them up at the shop in Cavendish on Sunday afternoon! My neighbour also picked up a couple!

    ReplyDelete