Followers

Monday, November 8, 2021

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Happy Monday!!  It's been a busy few days....we celebrated Mr. Seventies birthday on the weekend with daughter & family...and cake!!

I could not resist these adorable mugs of cocoa tree ornaments!!  I picked up the Believe in the Magic of Christmas sign to set on the tree as well!  I think it's all coming together...


Daughter, grand baby & I were out & about doing some browsing...and there is an abundance of Christmas gorgeous-ness everywhere!  One store we had never visited was Inspired Living...and it did not disappoint.  Not only does it have an abundance of Christmas items...but home goods & furniture in general....ya'll gnome how much I luv gnomes!!


It was very difficult not to come home with a trunk load of stuff....daughter pointed out this one to me..."Mom...it's you".   Like I need coaching help...its cows!!


A great assortment of cute signs...my favourite is the naughty list sign...


I love this...but just passed a large outdoor sign on to daughter...as no matter where I set it outside...the wind knocks it about every time!  She has a sheltered area at her front door where signs are sheltered...but oh I'm crushing hard on this one....



And how true is this...I have an abundance of dachshund related items...so passed on this...but it is adorable...



Then we continued on to Christmas Discounters....a discount store which houses two full floors of everything & anything...including Christmas decor....of course.   Oh if this were only true....


Even beautiful comforter sets...at amazing prices...very festive...


These large wooden pieces are amazing!  Although they would not withstand our harsh weather for very long...even if they were sealed for use outdoors....but for use in a large foyer...or enclosed area...perfect!


This one is my favourite...the detail in these pieces is amazing...


These metal trays were hard to pass by...would be perfect for a coffee bar area...I already have a tray I plan to use so I didn't pick one up.....


There was also a great assortment of canvas prints....and only $10!!



And an assortment of cute Christmas cushions....



It was fun to be out & about and check out some of the decor items in the stores!  I finally opened my Rae Dunn order of mugs...and they do not disappoint!!  I love each & every one of them...the toppers are adorable!  I can't even pick a favourite!!


And Bath & Body Works (Canada) was having a great sale in store & online on their candles.  I think I'm all set for Christmas scents....the larger ones are three wick....the smaller are one wick.  But they all smell amazing...my fall ones are just finishing up...we usually have a couple burning in the evenings...


And an order of hand soaps...it was time to stock up...and when they put on a sale of buy three.....get three free....I get a few...


And...our pellet stove is out of commission!  The auger, which feeds the wood pellets into the burn pot...made a horrible screeching sound & quit working the other day.  And....repair is about two weeks out!   I thought it the perfect time to begin the process of switching over to a propane stove or fireplace...but Mr. Seventies says we have about $500 or so of pellets to use up first.  So...this will be the final repair on this stove.  

In January....we are starting the process of switching out the pellet to propane (no natural gas available here).  With the way things are....between supply and installation...it could take a few months to get the pellet stove removed and a new system installed.  We are not certain yet what our options are...but since the wait could be long & drawn out...we are going to begin in the new year.  

We also discovered the wood stove store where we purchased the stove....does not have a repairman!!  So...how they intend to service what they sell is a bit concerning.  We have a repairman who has serviced our stove in the past...but he is super busy right now doing installs. He hopes to get to us before the two week timeline quoted.  In the meantime....we wait.  

So far the weather this month has been beautiful....not typical of November at all.  We've had frosts...Mr. Seventies has the vegetable and flower gardens put to bed for the winter.  The night temperatures are down to below freezing (bit of ice in the pool in the mornings)....but the days are double digit temps and sunny!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all of the holiday items in the stores - you have shared some fun things! Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patti!! Nice to have to stop by...

    ReplyDelete