Followers

Monday, November 1, 2021

Welcome To November!!

I'm hoping everyone had a safe & fun Halloween!  The weather was horrendous here...rain & winds!  So...I presume it was a quiet evening for most. 

Now...everything Christmas will be exploding in the stores!  Before I share a few items I came across...I'll share the cauldron I purchased for next season...at 60% off.  I wanted a ceramic one...but was unwilling to spent the $30-$35 asking price.  So, I waited until the clear out of Halloween decor started and snagged this ceramic one...and the clear balls from the thrift store for $1.50.  Next year, I plan to stack & glue the balls in the caldron...to give it a "bubbling caldron effect".



I wish I could have put it together this year when I came across the clear plastic balls a couple of weeks ago.  But...I've packed them & the cauldron away in the fall decor for next year....which by the way consists of a huge, over sized tote & box!  

And Mr. Seventies has reminded me that we need to go through our Christmas decor....and weed out what we no longer use.  Just the thought of doing this was giving me major anxiety...as I love it all....but he assures me we will only purge what we no longer use.  Ok...breathe...

I almost want to change us my colour scheme...but that might be pushing it a bit to far.  I am crushing hard on these colours...the pinks, soft mint greens and turquoise blue.  I may just be able to work out a compromise...I'll let go of some of what I have...for switching up my colours.  Mr. Seventies may surprise me...he may not even mind at all...


I do love tree skirts...although last year we purchased a vinyl base wrap that was red & had Santa's belt on it...these ones are the traditional Christmas colours...


Reds, greens, black and whites....very traditional....although this gnome tree skirt is mixing it up a bit....



You know I love an old truck anything...and this gorgeous wreath is no exception....


I captured this photo...as I have a spare tobacco basket...and might possibly due something like this....very easy to do with a dollar store sign and greenery....



And this pretty pom pom wreath...I love the colours..again with the tones of darker pink, deep teal and greens...see where I'm going??


And I'm known to love a good gnome!  And Home Sense has a few adorable ones...I can see this guy sitting on my counter...


An adorable reindeer...would look fabulous on an entry table or cabinet...


I'm loving all the Christmas goodies I am seeing!  I still haven't unboxed my Rae Dunn mugs & toppers...I have an order of hand soaps in which is not opened either...and two orders of candles all from Bath and Body Works!  It was a busy weekend...we had grand baby on Saturday...after a hike on the trail...a visit to a nearby park...and an outing for supper...it was a fun day!  

Our other daughter & grand daughter in Nova Scotia celebrated birthdays last week & Mr. Seventies birthday is next weekend...seems they are come at once. 

Thanks so much for spending a bit of time with me today!  Hope you have an awesome day & btw...there is only 54 days til Christmas!!







No comments:

Post a Comment