Followers

Friday, November 19, 2021

Christmas Awesome-ness

I didn't get the main bedroom with the new headboard pulled together yet....it's been one of those busy weeks here.  Hopefully Monday I'll have it done & be able to share...not that I'm doing much there in the way of decor...

One afternoon this week was spent having the pellet stove repairman here for about three hours.  Apparently the auger motor was the issue...it had quit working.  It was removed & a new one installed...and he pretty much took the stove panels apart...and gave everything a good cleaning.  We advised him of our plans to switch out to propane after this winter....he was great to give us recommendations.  Such as waiting until spring...when the busiest of time was over for the year and we plan to visit the showroom & see all the choices available.

He suggested we inform the salesman we want to use the propane fireplace for heat...as some are mainly for ambiance & don't throw much heat.  All good information...and we have the perfect set up currently to switch over from wood pellets to propane.  

While I was out running errands the other day, as I popped into Home Sense to pick up wrapping paper...I couldn't help but notice a bit more Rae Dunn Christmas items...



Shelves of mixing bowls & spatulas...


And while not Rae Dunn...but an adorable canister with doxies...


And a couple of beautiful cushions.....this one is my favourite...


And this pretty one...a cute winter scene...


The next few photos were taken a Vesey's Garden Centre...they have the most beautiful gift shop...I spent quite a while browsing around the shop....



Simply beautiful!  I'm on the hunt for a hot cocoa sign for my coffee bar area....but had no luck....but oh such gnome awesomeness....


And a cabinet dedicated to trucks...*swoon*.......some in various colours other than red too!!



And you were encouraged to purchase from any decorations on their trees....



They were a few beautiful topiaries...I was crushing pretty hard on them!  They are insanely expensive at Michael's...I didn't get the check the price while I was browsing...but these are so easy to make!!  
The large balls and finial are available at Dollarama!  



I'm so happy the ceramic Christmas trees have made a comeback.  And even happier they are battery operated now.  I have a hate/hate relationship with cords...so if it runs by batteries...I'm happy  Grand baby has one in her room during the holidays...that I made in ceramics class for her great grandmother many years ago!  And have passed it down to her...


Last night was the Christmas decorating show with a local interior designer...and he didn't disappoint this year!  After having to cancel last year...it was fun to be able to enjoy an evening out.  Attendees were required to wear masks and show proof of vaccines...which we all did.  There were four of us gals who met for supper beforehand at a local restaurant.  My neighbour had planned to attend...but her husband discovered he had been in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid.  He was required to be tested and self isolate until his test results come in...so fingers crossed his results are negative.  Unfortunately, that meant his wife was unable to join us.

I didn't get many photos at the demonstration as the lighting was mostly set for the area the designer was in...and we were seated in audience.   I did get a quick photo of these cute cloches...which came from Ikea.  He used dollar store items & fake snow...and how adorable are these??


Draws were made at the end of the evening for everything he made...including a fully decorated Christmas tree.  One gal in our group took home a fresh Christmas arrangement!  
I did get a photo of a couple of items I'm interested in...the can on the left is glass spray when applied gives the appearance of frosted glass!  And the other is a room fragrance (Canadian company)...which smells like real Christmas trees!   It's currently sold out on line...but there is a shop in Cavendish that have a few cans in stock...so may be worth the short road trip....


The last thing I need are more candles...but upon smelling this one....I think I just may have to pick up a couple!  They are sold, believe it or not...at Indigo...the bookstore!!


I have a book on order...when it arrives I will check out these candles and get a couple then!

That's all I have for today...rain in the forecast again...and they've been tossing the "f" word around the past couple of days...(for flurries).  Hopefully, if the weather co-operates on Sunday we plan to put together a couple of outdoor wreaths and arrangement in my crock for the front step.  I might even talk Mr. Seventies into putting the Christmas lights on the tree outside...and set up the inflatable Santa dachshund I purchased a few days back.  Tis the Season!!

People are decorating early here...inside and out!  And who can blame them...everyone is Covid-out and need a bit of happy distraction!  

Have an awesome weekend & thanks so much for stopping by!  Feel free to leave me a comment...love to hear from you!


2 comments:

  1. Love to read your blog, though I seldom comment. Your home renovations are great as well ad your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...I appreciate you taking time to read the blog & comment!!

    ReplyDelete