Followers

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Enjoyable Day of Retail Therapy

My friend & I had a fun filled day of shopping and enjoyed a delicious lunch at an adorable cafe in a small community further west on the Island.  Twice we've attempted to visit a pub located in a small refurbished train station...but discovered it didn't open until 4:00 pm.  

One of our first stops, was Money's Worth...just beyond Summerside.  This store has everything from soup to nuts, so to speak.  A great selection home decor to start...along with paint, hardware, cabinetry....just about everything you could think of!



I was crushing hard on this hand made bird feeder...but with Avian flu on the rise...we use feeders we can sanitize well before and after use outside...


These metal flowers were available in a variety of colours....this one being my favourite....


Everything displayed so pretty...love the blue plaid runner....


And an assortment of signs...signs...everywhere was signs...


Great beer sign for a man cave...


We visited a few more shops....but we were busy looking and having a great time....I didn't get as many photos as planned....but no shopping venture would be complete without stopping into Prestige Homes....a home decor/floral shop/cabinet store!

My friend does not share my love of gnomes....you think you know someone, eh?  She does however love bees....and these are the best of both....


 Surely I'm not the only one to find these little guys adorable...


If I had room in my cabinet...I would have brought these home with me....


There were numerous furniture pieces as well.....beautifully displayed...


And in the floral shop section there were about five or six huge Boston ferns on sale....just wow.....


Our final stop was the furniture store where we purchased our leather sofa and chair.  They have beautiful home decor all through the store....and my friend was on the hunt for a new occasional chair.  I picked up two bunches of faux peonies...on clearance.  Our peonies are in bloom currently...and these ones look so real....I placed them in a pitcher in the master bedroom...



And this adorable bee hive was on clearance as well...who doesn't love bees?  I may have to move it though....Liesel is obsessed with it.  I suspect she thinks its a toy....


Mr. Seventies kept busy while I was taking in some shopping.  He discovered where our recently departed mouse was getting in....said mouse had chewed his way through the styrofoam insulation under a part of exterior siding along the back walkway.

Mr. Seventies replaced a 1 x 4 board, (the starter strip for the siding)...and then filled any gaps with spray foam insulation...then the siding will be re-attached.  He decided to re-home perennials planted along the walk to allow for better visual in the event another mouse attempts to chew his way through.  This was the only area that had not been sealed to prevent mice and moles from getting in.  



The past few days have been great pool weather!  The new pool vacuum is on it's way....until then I've been cleaning with the manual vacuum attachments.  Apparently our neighbour enjoys vacuuming their pool manually...I invited him to have at ours any time!  

Before setting out our new fire pit...there was a tree that needed some serious pruning close to the area.  We still want to wait an additional week or two....as the new grass seed planted where the pit will sit is still coming in....so will hold off on the marshmallows for now now!

It's going to be another pool day!  The inside temperature has hit the 75 degree mark...so we've run the air conditioning a couple of times.  When it rises to the 80 degrees plus...we will likely run it more.   We certainly couldn't run it continuously without risk of hyperthermia!

Thanks so much for spending time with me today!  A long weekend ahead...lots of celebrations & fireworks in every community!  Til next time....





No comments:

Post a Comment