Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Chilly Start To June

While still enjoying sunshine....the temperatures and cool breezes from the North are keeping it quite cool here.  Liesel & I enjoyed a walk about the neighbourhood...bundled up...as I needed a warm jacket, gloves & knitted cap...and Liesel wore a cozy wrap to ward off the cold temp.   I admit...this is my favourite weather to walk in....

I took in a quick visit to Wal Mart and checked out the line of tarts I mentioned a few posts back.  I've been able to test a few...with a couple being my favourites so far.  The package on the right, "Red and White Roll"....has quickly become one of them..."Canada Day" and "Happiest Outdoors" didn't have as much scent appeal...

My favourite scent so far is "Cinnamon Sugar Pastry"....it smells amazing.  I was a bit disappointed with the "Nanaimo bars" and "Butter Tart"....but only checked them out in the package.  So to be fair to them...I'm going to purchase a package of each...they may give off more scent when warming up.....


The final ones "Maple Leaf" and "O Canada"...I haven't tried either....but again...in the package their scent did not appeal to me.   So it's not fair for me to give an honest opinion....yet. 



Around the corner from the tart warmers....was Wal Mart's attempt at spring decor...(tongue in cheek here).  These faux flowers in pots surprised me....I presumed the pots were lightweight plastic, but was pleasantly surprised they were the weight of actual terra cotta pots....


And this piece is just....peachy...lightweight faux wood...could be cute on a table or window sill....



This one is kinda cute....maybe for an entry...definately not suitable for use outdoors...it wouldn't last a season here....



And other than a few floral tins and boxes...that pretty much covered the "decor" section!   

Mr. Seventies put together my new fire pit yesterday...and I love it!  It's still in the storage shed...once he gets the area completed where it will sit...then we'll set it out.  I discovered there is a vinyl cover available  to protect it from the elements when not in use.  Mr. Seventies measured the fire pit & I ordered one the appropriate size.   He also set the pool pump in place and purchased a replacement valve for the sand filter.... the pool is ready for action when Mother Nature blesses us with some heat!

The home decor shop, the one I usually visit when Liesel is enjoying a spa treatment...brought in these adorable mugs!  They quickly sold out, but I was able to get my name on a list for the next shipment....



Mr. Seventies is currently cleaning & detailing our SUV.  It's been in the shop for a couple of repairs..one repair covered by warranty however they broke a sensor to replace the part!  It was back in the shop the other day...to have the sensor replaced....and next week four new tires will be installed...and that should finish up vehicle maintenance for a bit.  We've decided to forgo our trips to the greenhouses until the new tires are on.   In the meantime...it needs a good cleaning....inside & out...

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Wishing everyone a great weekend...I'm looking forward to the painting class on Saturday evening & spending time with my friend catching up!






No comments:

Post a Comment