Followers

Friday, June 17, 2022

Guest Room Curtain Panels

Ever since I added curtain panels in the master bedroom...I've been toying with the idea of adding them to the guest room as well.  

Since I don't sew, the best place to order custom panels is Etsy.  There is a multitude of talented seamstresses who will whip up beautiful window treatments...and there are so many patterns and fabric to choose from!  And as an added bonus....sometimes free shipping is available!

The panels I've ordered are cotton blend...thick & soft and semi-blackout (allows light to pass through...without being able to see through from outside).  Each panel is 55" wide x 94" long...which allows the curtain rod to be hung 4" down from the ceiling and extend 3" beyond the window frame on either side.  Just how I want them.  I've grumbled so many times how most panels, sold in stores...are either 63" or 84" long.  I don't know why those lengths are set in stone...but neither length works for me. 

I've requested the tassels not be added...straight stitch on the sides and bottom...with a rod pocket heading for the curtain rod....



And I will use the same curtain rod as the one in the master bedroom....(no clips required...as I ordered  rod pocket panels to slide the rod through)...



I'm looking forward to the panels arriving and know I will love them as much as the ones in the master bedroom....

Mr. Seventies has been busy this week spreading black mulch on the flower gardens....since I had the extra garden flag, I placed it near the front walkway.  My birdhouse needs a fresh coat of paint....we have showers in the forecast for the next few days.  Once we are back into sunshine....I'll scrape & repaint it...



Our local hospital foundation is having a fundraiser....selling tickets on an ultimate outdoor play shed....wouldn't our grand baby have fun playing in this?  Fingers crossed we win!  The draw is in July....any child will be lucky to have such a wonderful place to play!  Proceeds from ticket sales will be used for much needed equipment in the Paediatric Unit....




Mr. Seventies hung the set of Edison lights along the ped way railing.  This is a new set...apparently the solar battery is only good for one year!  Explains why the set from last year wouldn't work.  They are very inexpensive lights...if they quit after this summer...I may look into getting a set with a longer life span.  In the meantime....they are really pretty at night...



And finally, we have clear pool water!  It took since adding the necessary chemicals on Monday to finally get it clear today.  Over the weekend...we hope to do a manual vacuum to give it a deep cleaning on the bottom.  We have an automatic vacuum....but it doesn't do a great job...and will tip upside down and float around.  It works in a pinch...but will give it a through sweep manually.

It's Father's Day weekend & we plan to celebrate with family....and pizza...and cheesecake!  Mr. Seventies & son-in-law will enjoy their special day...they are both amazing Dads!  I hope you show some love to the special Dad in your life...sadly mine passed away in 1994.  So, Happy Father's Day in heaven, Dad.  You are loved and missed still....





No comments:

Post a Comment