Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Mid Week Catch Up

Can you believe the first week of June gone already?  Temperatures are slowly warming up...we have potatoes and onions up in the garden and Mr. Seventies planted peas last evening.   Other than that...the soil is still cold & needs to warm up before any more planting can be done.  

The plan is to open the pool this weekend...get it up & running.  It feels late...but apparently it was around the same time last year and we were paddling around in it the end of June...so fingers crossed. 

The SUV was in the shop and is now sporting four new tires.  It needs two bushings (bushings stop vibration & reduce friction between metal)....and when they are worn.....you hear clunking noises.  So annoying...and there is a world-wide shortage of these bushings!  Go figure.  They are back ordered everywhere....not much we can do until they are available.  And put up with the clunking....

The adorable mug came back in stock at the home decor shop....


While I was in the shop....I took a couple of photos...how gorgeous is this light fixture?  


I'm crushing hard on this lamp!  This could be an awesome diy...wrap and glue any lamp base in twine...great for a cottage or nautical theme...


One thing I desperately need.....is coffee mugs!  I prefer smaller mugs...as opposed to a large, clunky mugs...and these ones would have come home with me.  Were it not for the $24.99 sticker price on each one!  I love pottery mugs....but they need to be dishwasher safe.  Otherwise the exterior finish will fade off...as I have discovered.  And I don't use mugs that are white inside either...as in the past...I was having to bleach out tea or coffee discolourations...not my "cup of tea" so to speak....



I found these ones on FB marketplace...and cannot wait to pick them up!  They are vintage...in excellent condition...and dishwasher & microwave safe!  The size is perfect...3" high and 3" wide!   Just the size I like!!  I wish it was a set of eight....but four is a start...


I dropped into Home Sense while I was out & about...and was pleasantly surprised they had a few dachshund related items....like this adorable mug....


And a few different patterns of tea towels...


Most were in a set of three....while they are cute...I find them just not practical...or absorbent...


And this set covered a few other breeds as well....


And this....I'm crushing hard on the lamp shade!   Such a beautiful floor lamp...can you just picture it lit up at night?  


And I found a beautiful throw I just had to have!  The large tassels had me at hello...


Pictures do not do it justice...I did not second guess or hesitate to purchase it...as we know how quickly things move in and out at Home Sense.  I quickly tossed it over our buffalo plaid chair....


And speaking of chairs....Home Sense is a great place to find occasional chairs when extra seating is required....and I love this mustard yellow chair...(it's actually more muted than the photo shows).  When I was looking for a chair for our family room....I kept checking Home Sense...but nothing came in that I was drawn to...and I'm extremely happy with our plaid chair from Amazon....



It's a busy week here...one filled with various appointments...so I was happy to have a bit of downtime to browse around....

I hope you have an amazing rest of your week!  Any plans?  We still intend to check out a couple of our favourite greenhouses in Summerside....and likely enjoy lunch out at the same time.  Thanks so much for stopping by...leave a hello in the comment section.  I'd love to hear from you....

Til next time.....









No comments:

Post a Comment