Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Home Decor At The Hardware Store

We visited the hardware store close by to pick up a bag of white sand....needed to keep the pool steps in place.  Sounds strange...but there is a shelf on the inside of the steps...where a bag of sand needs to sit...and keep the steps from moving about in the pool.  The bag is enclosed in heavy vinyl...we've never had an issue with a bag opening....some people use a cement block....but I'd rather not take a chance on ripping the pool liner.  Sticker shock at the check out though...last year price was $5.99 for a five pound bag.  This year $9.99!

I was pleasantly surprised at the pretty decor pieces...this canvas piece was gorgeous....


And while this piece was a bit blah for my taste....it's a barn...and I do love barns....


I was so tempted to purchase this piece...just in time for Canada Day!  I would hang it on the pool deck wall and leave it up year round....and it's on sale...



I'm crushing hard on these adorable umbrella hooks!  Each hook is sold individually....and do not come as a set mounted on the board...they are displayed to show you the various colours.  They don't necessarily need to be screwed into a board...but at $35 each....I'll admire them in the store....



And some interesting choices for door and drawer pulls....great for a cottage or cottage look...




Winners is a store I seldom visit....as it's located in a mall.  And I am not a "mall" shopper.   The only reason I would drop in...would be to browse Winners....there are no other stores that appeal to me.  On this day...I came across a few Rae Dunn pieces...this watermelon slice bird house is adorable...


We don't have an enclosed outdoor space to hang such pretty, breakable items...but they could be set indoors as well....


I absolutely love these candles....and you can bet if there had been a dachshund one...I would not have been able to resist.  Even though I would have choked on the $24.99 price tag!!  The one in the back, on the left reminded me of Liesel a bit.  And each candle smelled amazing...



For the price of one candle...I can be quite a few packages of wax tarts!  Although they have doubled in price in the last couple of years.  As has everything.  Have you noticed it too?  Prices here have soared...our little province has the highest rate of inflation...in the country!  Go figure.  

Speaking of tart warmers....I came across this adorable truck warmer on Wal Mart's website! 

I like that a bulb is not required...that truck bed warms up to melt the wax once it's been plugged in & clicked on.  I have a similar warmer that does not require a bulb and I prefer them more.  I did order this one...and it ships to the store free!



The weather promises to be sunny & warm for the weekend!  Once the steps are set in the pool...the 2022 pool season will officially kick off!  

Mr. Seventies is under the weather with a terrible cold...seems like colds & flus are on the go here.  We had our second booster vaccines the other day....

Plans are underway for grand-baby's second heart anniversary celebration..an afternoon to honour how far our munchkin has come since undergoing open heart surgery at 12 weeks of age in July of 2020.  We, along with her other grandparents will enjoy an afternoon of good company, food & count of our blessings and marvel at how far our little miracle has come!

My friend & I have a day planned next week to visit a few craft shops, junk stores, thrift shops and enjoy lunch along the way!

Thanks so much for stopping by & spending time with me.  Have an awesome weekend!!





No comments:

Post a Comment