Followers

Monday, June 6, 2022

Fun Crafting Night

My friend & I enjoyed an evening meal and crafting night over the weekend!  The maximum number of participants was fifteen...and the space was ample to accommodate us.  It was a large room over a local craft shop...we took in some time browsing the shop before hand....

Then once everyone was seated...we got down to working on our pieces....my friend had the upper hand...as she is an experienced painter & has taken in many art classes...


There were a total of different pieces that fit on the sign...for the various times of year...pumpkins, bunnies, shamrocks, flowers, heart, popsicles, paws and stars.  While Judy chose to paint more pieces that I did...we were both very happy with our end results!!  Here we have popsicles slid in behind the railing on the truck...we both chose the same colour for the body of our trucks!  Others chose some great colours and it was great to see how creative everyone was!



Mr. Seventies hung my sign above the hand railing at the front entry....



My outdoor fire pit!!  The cover should be arriving any day now....Mr. Seventies has the area planted with new grass where we plan to set it (on a concrete pad)....I can't wait to be able to sit outside and toast marshmallows!!



The back walk was extended further...to the storage shed...we only needed three additional patio stones...


And our lilac hedge is beginning to bloom...we have both white and purple blossoms...hard to tell in this photo...but just look at that blue sky!!


And the tulips have pretty much finished blooming....I picked one last bouquet...they are one of my favourite flowers!  The peonies should be next....


A heart stopping incident happened the other day....as Liesel and I were heading out for our walk...our neighbour came out to the end of his drive to chat with us.  A few moments later...we looked...and coming up the middle of our busy road...was our neighbour's dog, Luna....dragging a long leash behind her.  I quickly passed Liesel's leash to my neighbour...and got in the middle of the road to stop traffic...and called Luna to me....and she happily obliged.  Thankfully vehicles became quickly aware of what was happening and came to a stop.   I was able to pick up Luna's leash...and lead her back to her yard.  Did I mention she is a very large Rottweiler?  And I'm terrified of big dogs?  

I had met Luna previously when I delivered a parcel meant for her owner...& when I took the package over...she was out...lounging in the sun.  Swallowing my panic...I near climbed trees to avoid getting close to her.  Her owner came out & Luna and I were introduced...and while she is huge...she is also a lush puppy.  Not an aggressive bone in her body....just loves people...but doesn't realize her size and strength.  

Her grandmother was so appreciate of getting her back home safely...Mr. Seventies was outside at the time Luna decided to venture onto the road...and he helped hold her until we got her to her door.  There was just no way I was going to allow her to be struck by a vehicle...that has happened too many times on our road...and it is heart wrenching.  But all ended well.

Our neighbour a few doors up...had a new 27 ft. pool installed (to replace their previous one).  When they started to pump water in...the liner pulled away from the pool walls!  Everything came to a halt...the water needed to be pumped out...and the company will have to return to do the walls correctly!  Obviously the installers are inexperienced...fingers crossed we won't have any issues...as we deal with the same pool company...which is under new owners.  Needless to say our neighbours are not happy.  We haven't our pool up & running....will see what this week's weather brings....

A quick thank you for stopping by today!  As usual, I'll be over at Between Naps on the Porch hanging out with Susan and friends later today for  Metamorphosis Monday .   





2 comments:

  1. Great post Charlotte! I love your sign, its so cute! Your yard is looking lovely and it'll be so fun to to sit around it. It was very brave of you to rescue Luna and return her to her home - so glad the story had a happy ending. Take care over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Thank you for your sweet words...I'm loving my sign too. I'm so happy Luna's short adventure had a happy ending too! I hope things are great on your side of the country!! You take great care as well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete