Followers

Monday, July 18, 2022

Hot Summer Days!!

Summer has arrived!  It's been hot & humid...and we are loving it!  That being said....I've spent most of my time...outside!  Today....before it gets too warm....I plan to pick my lavender...it's blooming & ready to be dried.

And....drum roll please....my curtain panels are here!  Well...not in my mail box yet...but tracking reports they have arrived !  First piece of tracking information since they were shipped on June 29th!  Hopefully, next update will be "out for delivery"!!  

I was cleaning a seldom used kitchen cabinet the other day...and came across my McCoy cookie jar!  I had seen one...either on eBay or Etsy...and it made me think of the one I inherited.  Growing up, it was stored under neath my Mom's china cabinet....and held receipts!  I have no clue where it came from...my Mom passed away at an early age....and later my Dad gave the cookie jar to me.  I wish I had asked anything about it's origins, where it came from and when...but he may not have known anyways.   This is a photo the one that I came across online...


And this is mine....I'll likely find a more permanent home for it.  I'd love to display it....without fear of it being broken...for now it's on top of my dish cabinet.  I do know the jar is McCoy pottery (USA)....and likely produced in the 1960's.  Some I've seen listed are not in the best of condition...with paint missing...but mine has been kept pristine...keeping it safely tucked away has likely helped....



I did pop into Michaels again earlier in the week to check out their pumpkin stock....for the topiary I planned to make.  All that is available in pumpkin colours were orange or white.  The sales clerk didn't know if they would be getting in any additional colours....which was disappointing.  In the meantime...I picked up this one....even though I'm not a fan of the bucket and there is a lot of glue holding the bottom pumpkin in place.  To attempt to remove it....would damage it I'm afraid.   There was only the one...and the colours are more to my liking...

I purchased it in the event they did not bring in more pumpkin colours....if they do...I have the option of returning this one I purchased.  If not...I will glue some faux leaves around the bottom pumpkin...as I'm not liking the faux moss they used.   It is a perfect size for setting on the hearth though....

That is going to be it for today!  Have the covers off the patio furniture...and other than running a couple of quick errands this morning...I plan to hang out on the deck!  

How is your summer going so far?  We had quite a thunderstorm overnight a few days ago...and a thundering downpour.  I love when it rains overnight...then is hot & sunny the following day!

Thank you for stopping by....and hope you return soon!  I'll be sharing over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday .  

And check out A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday for Inspire Me Tuesday!  Hope to see you there!!


2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I am delighted for you that your panels are about to arrive - hope they are perfect. Your McCoy jar is gorgeous - a treasure for sure. Our Michaels here is just beginning to get their fall stuff in and I'm sure there is more to come. Happy shopping and I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! The panels arrived!! Mr. Seventies is going to hang them today...I can't wait to have them up! I hope you are enjoying some gorgeous weather in Calgary! I agree Michaels is hopefully just getting started putting out their fall decor!! Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete