Followers

Friday, July 15, 2022

Rainy Morning

After a beautiful, hot week of weather we have some showers in the forecast for this morning!  Then back into sunny days & hot temperatures.   We've had enjoyable days in the pool and lazying on the deck....grand baby was over for a dip....she loves the water. 

Our grand dog Benson...he's a smooth coated dachshund...was having an IVDD flare up about mid week.  He is two years post op from back surgery...and a few days ago started to display discomfort & pain.  A quick trip to his veterinarian and it was confirmed his back had flared up again.  An actual disc rupture...as before was not suspected....he was prescribed two pain medications and complete rest in his x pen.  I'm happy to report, as of yesterday...he is showing improvement.  Should his situation deteriorate...he will be taken to the veterinary hospital for further care.  Fingers crossed that won't happen.  A photo from when he & Liesel were play mates...she's a bit too rough & tumble for him now....(she's such a tomboy) ......



Mr. Seventies took advantage of the great weather to apply a coat of sealant to the drive way....we parked our SUV in our neighbours drive for 24 hours afterwards....(as the company instructed to let it set for that amount of time)...not particularly pretty...but it is good to topcoat the asphalt every year or so....



And the saga of the curtain panels continues....they have yet to arrive...but are "in transit"....thus far it has taken sixteen days...shipped from Ontario.  I may call Canada Post today...and inquire if there is any tracking update....as obviously on line tracking is of little assistance.  I don't have my hopes set high....

This cooler day has me thinking about fall...and no...I'm not done with summer by any means.  I popped into Michael's again....as they are putting out more stock every day....and it got my wheels to turning.   I think I will put together one of these...for inside...on the hearth....or something similar.  This is a stock photo from Home Depot (where it is currently unavailable)....but it would be too easy to cut off a couple of stems and glue vinyl pumpkins from Michaels in a stack.   The one we set on the step is resin...and heavy so as not to blow off...an indoor one doesn't need to be weighted.  


And speaking of the hearth.....we have decided to hold off on switching out the pellet stove for a propane insert...since we had the mini-split heat pump/air conditioner installed this year.  I'm okay with that decision...we won't be using the stove anyways....

While I was in Michaels...I took a brief look around...and picked up this pumpkin banner to hang on the mantel. I used a coupon....and chose not to wait until they go on sale...as I suspect they will sell out pretty quickly.   Last fall I picked up an old truck banner than I hung across my kitchen windows....


I'm loving these pieces...and I may pick up a couple for my tiered tray....I'll wait until they go on BOGO...



I came across these adorable plates...both are my favourites!  



And this adorable pumpkin over the door wreath hanger!  I'll be looking for a new fall wreath for the front door as well....


And with fall...let's swing right into Christmas....nothing like rushing the seasons!  Bath & Body Works was having an awesome sale on candles...as I mentioned in an earlier post...and my order arrived the other day....these smell amazing!  I put them away until December....but at such a great sale price...it was a great time to stock up...



The rain has stopped...it's supposed to clear off...now that the gardens have had a good quenching.  Our potatoes in the garden are in blossom...so we'll have new potatoes in the next week or so!!  The weather for the weekend....full sun & hot!!  

And you know where we'll be hanging out!  Grand baby & family plan to join us for a bar-be-cue and cool down in the pool!  We are thrilled she loves the water...she comes wearing the cutest swim wear and water shoes!   We have such a wonderful time!

I hope you have an amazing weekend!  



No comments:

Post a Comment