Followers

Monday, July 4, 2022

Busy Weekend

Welcome to Monday!  We had a great weekend...the weather was amazing!  Canada Day we didn't venture too far... hung out at the pool....and put my new fire pit to use!!



At dusk, Mr. Seventies loaded it with kindling & wood....and in no time we had a beautiful fire.....and a few marshmallows were toasted!  


The next day, the cover was secured to protect it from rain and dampness.  It was wonderful to sit under the stars and enjoy the fire!  Others in our neighbourhood were in their back yards doing the same thing!!


I had picked up a couple of things for grand baby's special day....she loved her new clock...and knows all the shapes!  She will be telling time in "no time"....(the pink monkey was for Liesel).  Her heart anniversary was a great success...we enjoyed a meal of pizza and a few sweet treats!  And of course....the guest of honour...



She loves books...so added a couple of new reads for her....she loves being read to... and "reading" on her own.  Her bookshelves are getting pretty full.  She was being read to....even before she was born....



While I was out and about...I had previously seen this table runner...and left the store without it . You would think I would learn!   I happened to come across it again....and thought better this time!  Not only are the sunflowers gorgeous...but the runner is a full 90" long!  Most are 72" or shorter...so the longer length was an added bonus.  I had to move my bee hive out of Liesel's line of vision...she insists it is a toy!


And the pool vacuum arrived!  Where has it been the past 12 years??  It did an amazing job vacuuming the pool floor...and as promised...it moved up & cleaned the pool walls!  We've named her "Squiggly"...and she is my new best friend.  Our previous vacuum, "Wanda the Whale".....sold quickly on FB Marketplace...


When my friend & I were on our shopping expedition last week....we checked out the Salvation Army thrift shop!  I picked up this glass jug for under $5.00....


The price was the cheapest part of it's makeover!  I had a vision in mind when I purchased it!  I had no idea spray paint for glass was almost $22 a can!  And then....I saw the plumes at Michaels.   Not on sale or BOGO.  Regular price. Add an additional $70 for them...and my "vision" cost a bit more than I had planned.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  If I didn't purchase the plumes when I saw them...they would sell out before they ever went on sale!  And Mr. Seventies really likes it...so that is an added bonus!



While at Wal Mart, I checked out the wax melts....and discovered another new to me scent!  And it is amazing...cannot wait to use them in the fall!  Notice how just one package would never do?  Anyone else like that?  If one is good....more is better?   It can't be just me...


Guest room curtain panels update - they will be arriving on Wednesday!!  I cannot wait for Mr. Seventies to install the curtain rod...and hang the panels!  I know he's looking forward to it too!  (bit of sarcasm there).  He's very easy going...but I do get a few raised eyebrow looks occasionally....

We have two windows with broken seals in the glass....making them appear foggy all the time.  One is in the kitchen...the other in the master bedroom.  Tomorrow we will remove them & take them to the glass shop for measurement for glass replacement.

They don't keep the windows, but rather we bring them home & they call when the glass is in & set up a date & time to bring them back in for repair.   If a larger window requires glass replacement...they will come & remove the old and install the new glass on site.  When the windows are manufactured...they are sealed with argon gas (it's a bit of an insulator).  And over time...the seal can sometimes "break"...and that causes the windows to look foggy or dirty......drives me insane.  I'll be happy when they are repaired.  Last summer the main bathroom window glass was replaced.  We had the old 70's wooden windows replaced in 1995 (new exterior siding & insulation installed at the same time)....with these single hung vinyl windows....they work exceptionally well...but the seals do let go.  

Liesel is having a dental this week...she has her teeth cleaned once a year.  I brush them as well...but dachshunds are prone to periodontal disease...so it's important we keep her oral hygiene in check.  She was in the pool briefly the other day....just a quick dip to cool off.  Not her favourite activity.

I trust everyone had a great weekend & is enjoying beautiful weather.  We are in a cool down this week...but with a busy week of appointments, not much time for hanging out at the pool anyways.

I plan to be over at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday and A Stroll Thru Life on Inspire Me Tuesday.   Come join us & catch up with some amazing bloggers!








4 comments:

  1. I love your vision Charlotte - it turned out great! I too, often end up paying more than I'd planned, but the results certainly justified it this time. It's a beautiful fit in your lovely home! Thanks for the great inspiration and ideas, and hope you're having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara!! Thank you so much for the sweet comments...and welcome to my blog!! I have your beautiful blog bookmarked...your tables capes are amazing!! Please visit often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, a busy week indeed! Your vase is lovely and the plumes are gorgeous - I know, the price of spray paint of any kind is always a shocker! At our Michaels store here in Calgary, the spray paint is kept in a metal cage behind lock and key. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful July 1st and with that special grandbaby! Have a lovely week and enjoy that pretty table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim!! Wonderful to hear from you! Michael's here didn't have any glass paint...I ended up finally getting a can at a second hardware store I checked out. I hope you had an awesome Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete