Followers

Monday, July 25, 2022

Monday Catch Up!

Another hot & humid day in the forecast....and it has been great to have the air conditioning (even though it still looks ugly on the wall....just saying)..... we have enjoyed cooling off in the pool three or four times each day.  And we've been entertained with visits from grand baby & parents...and delicious bar-be-ques & treats for dining el fresco!

And....I have a summer cold!  Not a full on one yet...just sinus pain, aching joints...Mr. Seventies suffered a miserable cold earlier in the month...it dragged on for over two weeks!  I don't think I have the same strain...but it's enough to make it a bit miserable.  Hopefully, it will clear up quickly.....

Pre-cold...I came across a couple of hooked Plough & Hearth cushions (same company my peony area rug is from)....and they were on half price clearance!  As usual, the cushions inside were not great quality polyfil...which I quickly switched out for feather ones.  I had Mr. Seventies remove the "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" plaque from above the bed....I'll pick a few pieces of wall decor when I come across them.  The bedside lamps should arrive in a couple of days.....hopefully.....


I spied this the other day at Home Sense...I know...I do not need another ( some would say tacky) cow canvas...but she is pretty.  And to each his own...right?




The were just starting to set out their fall goodies...you can see the empty shelves in the back ground.  I have since been advised...they are full to the brim now!  Maybe later in the week I'll check everything out! In the meantime...can we just crush on these knit pumpkins??   Love!!



I did almost pick up this awesome Citrus & Sandalwood scented candle!  I have new, unopened candles for fall (and Christmas)...... I need to sort through and see what I have....


Bath & Body Works was having a huge sale on their hand soaps....and half price shipping!  Daughter and I each ordered eight various ones to have on hand...a couple like Ghoul Friend and Vampire Blood...will be perfect for Hallowe'en!  I'll share that order when it arrives....

Has anyone heard of or used this leather conditioner?  I ordered a bottle on Amazon...for my leather bags, shoes & boots.  And interior seats in the SUV.  Our furniture in the family room is suede leather...so don't think it could be used on them...but they are pretty much maintenance free anyways.    We do have leather furniture in the downstairs family room it can be used on though....I'm looking forward to giving it a try.....

I'm going to take my morning tea and head to the deck before it gets too hot....another heat warning issued for today!  I'll be sharing over at Between Naps on the Porch later today for Metamorphosis Monday .

And at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire me Tuesday!  Drop on over and check us out!!




2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I saw those pumpkins in HomeSense - they are so cute! I love the cow picture too, and I don't think its tacky at all. You are right - we all have our own tastes. The bedroom looks great and those pillows are so pretty. Are those the panels that you were waiting for? I know its hot down your way and I hope you are keeping cool in your lovely pool. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Yes...those are the panels...I did a post on having to get them hemmed....as I stupidly ordered them 5" too long!! But, I' happy with them! Thank u for your sweet comments! It has been hot it...and we've been loving it...thankful to be able to cool off in the pool...and the air conditioning inside has been much needed! Have an awesome week dear lady!!

    ReplyDelete