Followers

Monday, July 11, 2022

One Of Those Weeks!!

Last week...was just one of those weeks!  Nothing tragic...just one that leaves your head shaking! The weather has been cool & windy...not pool weather...at all.  Fingers crossed this week looks a bit more promising.

It wasn't all bad....Miss Liesel had dental surgery on Thursday....and all went exceptionally well!  Her pearly whites are scaled & polished...no issues other than a little sleepy....


And.....still no curtain panels!  Last time I updated...they were to arrive last Wednesday.  Nada.   Then I received notification...from Canada Post...they would arrive Friday.  Still a no show.  I decided to call Canada Post...was advised the package "had not been processed".....and while the young man I spoke to was very nice...he offered explanations of staff shortages, delivery slow down and so on.  All this time, there had been no updates with tracking...other than they had been shipped on June 29, 2022.

Today....tracking advised my package "cleared customs" in Vancouver, BC and was on its way!  What???  Why did a package....shipped from Toronto, Ontario....need to be cleared in customs at the opposite side of the country??   Makes absolutely no sense!   Customs is for items being shipped into Canada...not within Canada!!  But...it is Canada Post...enuf said. 

On the other hand....a part ordered for our whipper snipper was due to arrive this Wednesday.  It arrived last Friday....much to Mr. Seventies delight.  Go figure.  

So the curtain panels will arrive...when they arrive!  That's all I can hope for.

One item that did arrive...although it was not without a small debacle..is my truck tart warmer!  Tracking claimed it arrived on July 7, 2022...and had been picked up (presumably by me).  Um..no.   When I called Wal Mart customer service...again a very pleasant representative...advised the information was wrong...and I should ignore it.

Within a few hours...I received notification it had arrived & was ready for pick up.  You can order just about anything from Wal Mart's website & have it shipped to the store...free of charge.  Which is great, as you've read my complaints our local store...has little stock of anything....



My latest acquisition will be another re-born doll...some are being discontinued...and sold at discounted prices.  The artist ordered the kit...and she will paint & sculpt her to perfection...complete with yarn for hair.  I've always had a love of anything Raggedy Ann....and this cutie is no exception.  She will be the fourth doll in my collection....(pink horse not included)...


Her outfit will be different....as I have chosen this one...custom ordered....complete with an adorable hair bow!



These dolls will be keep sakes for my grand-daughters....one for each girl.  I had to pack my dolls away for now...as Liesel is obsessed with her "babies"......Raggedy Ann will likely sit on a dresser when she is completed.  Hours and hours of work go into bringing these dolls to life...and I'm excited to see her when she is completed.

Last evening we enjoyed another fire pot party....and toasted marshmallows.  The wind died down early evening....so we took advantage of the calmness.  I've been taking it easy the last few days....I had the misfortune of turning my ankle in the driveway...while returning from a walk with Liesel.  I landed on my knees like a bag of cement!  Nothing graceful about it at all.  I did not sprain or break my ankle...just bruised it...and have pavement rash on one knee and elbow.  Nothing a soak in a hot bath didn't help.  But still a bit sore...so spent a couple of days...not doing much of anything.

This week hopefully will be a bit more productive...Ma Nature promises heat & sun...temps in the low 50's F just aren't cutting it.  Our summers are so short here...by the time it arrives....we only enjoy a few weeks.  The vegetable garden is thriving though...the potatoes have blossomed...and we've enjoyed beet greens already!!  

We took in an afternoon matinee at the movie theatre...a great way to pass a rainy afternoon!  We've been wanting to catch a production at one of the theatre houses...but there hasn't been anything that appeals to us.  There is one showing at the Confederation Centre we plan to attend with friends from Nova Scotia in early August....

Thanks so much for spending time with me today, as always I'll be sharing over at Between Naps on the Couch for  Metamorphosis Monday.   

And again on Tuesday, at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday.  I'm considering giving the lamps in our guest bedroom a make over...or if I find larger ones I like...I may go that route.  

Have an awesome day!!   Leave a comment & share all your news!!  








4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, Canada Post is nuts. I once had a parcel on its way from Toronto and I can't remember the first stop before arriving in Calgary. But then it was shipped to Regina, then Winnipeg, the Regina, and then Winnipeg again before arriving back in Calgary. Just bizarre! Sorry to hear about the panels - hope they come soon and hope your ankle feels better. Have fun with your re-born Raggedy Ann doll and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada Post is ridiculous! Your parcel went on quite the vacay before arriving too! I've had parcels show delivered (and not been)...three days later I received a call from our our local office. It showed up the next day...but they could not tell me where it had been!! Have a great week...hope your weather is nice there!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for your fall. Your doll will be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene!! Thank you...I still don't know how I fell...but am on the mend.!! I'm looking forward to receiving my doll...I'll share photos when she is completed! Thanks for leaving a comment....visit any time!

      Delete