Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Catching Up

The next few days of weather are going to be beautiful....not before time.  The Island gets winds...usually from the north which tends to make the days cooler...even if it's sunny.  It was warm enough the other day to set up a couple of lawn chairs & have lunch on the deck!  Most are itching to get their pools opened...we'll wait until likely the end of the month.  

I had an appointment last week....close by the thrift store so decided to pop in.  Talk about sticker shop...no bargains to be had.  One positive - they have gone with self checkouts!  They never seemed to have enough staff to cover the checkouts....which meant long line ups....and customers, such as myself....would leave with nothing.  I came across these awesome mugs....eight in total for under $6.00.  They are the right size...as I'm not a fan of huge mugs....and the colour is perfect.  Score!


Then I popped into Winners...and I know I posted I was going to ease back on the home goods....but cushions are my weakness.  Maybe there is a support group?  I don't know...but these had to come home with me...I can use them in the main bedroom...or they will look awesome in the family room.  Dual purpose...


I placed them on the bed for now....hoping Mr. Seventies doesn't notice the addition to what he calls "Pillow Land"....



I've been keeping an eye out for a pitcher....to hold cold drinks during the warmer months.  These are cute...but I prefer ones with tops...to prevent spillage.....


And preferably not plastic...as these one are.  They'd be great for use on the patio decks I suppose....I'm going to keep on the look out....


I'm crushing on this heart shape pedestal....could absolutely find a number of uses for it.  But with a $24.99 price tag...it was over priced....the heart shaped bowl I purchased previously....same size and wood....was lower in price.  And see those green kitchen chairs in the back ground....I'd love to have two of them....one for each end of the kitchen table.  Sadly, they come in a set of four....and they will not sell only two!  I've asked....a couple of times with no luck....but too much of the green colour anyways....



Liesel did spy this cutie...but settled for the pink pig to the right of it...any stuffed toy makes her happy...



Iron infusion #5 took place on Tuesday...spent about two hours getting that done.  Daughter visited with me for a while...and Mr. Seventies has taken on a new job as a porter in the hospital!!  He still putters with construction work...but it's time to wind that down.  Since retiring from his "real job" eight years ago...he's been assisting our neighbour who runs his own contracting business.  Both guys are slowing down. on the physical work..and while portering is busy...he gets to talk with people all day long....while taking patients to x-ray, dropping off laundry....taking carts of samples to the labs and whatever else needs to get done.

Most porters he works with....are men of his age....working casual...just to keep active!  And our hospital is in short supply of porters...so at daughter's urging...Mr. Seventies applied, completed the background and finger printing requirements, was hired and is getting to know the hospital quite well!  And as a bonus....they pay him!!  He prefers to work 2-3 days/week....but I suspect if he is required for additional shifts he will likely say yes.....he currently is in the training process...the next couple of days he has 12 hour shifts....

So, that's an update on our little corner of the world.  The sun is out...Liesel & I are heading out for a walk around the neighbourhood...my plan is to sort through the summer wardrobes this afternoon....

Thanks so much for stopping by & spending a bit of time with me.  Til next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment