Followers

Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day Weekend

 I hope all Moms were treated like royalty on their special day!  We enjoyed a bar-b-cue...with ice cream pizza for dessert (grand baby's favourite).  Mr. Seventies gifted me a gorgeous red Azalea shrub...it is currently planted in the front yard.....look how beautiful the blossoms are going to be (in the photo below).   We currently have two purple Azalea shrubs planted....one in the side garden...the other in a garden towards the front of the house.  And a lovely card containing an Amazon gift card from Liesel!!  She is good to her Mama too!

Each Mother's Day we gift our daughter a shrub for her property....so we picked up an additional red Azalea for her....her Dad planted it in her front garden as well....


Since our daughter in Nova Scotia was working....we sent her a beautiful floral arrangement to honour her on her special day....and she sent some beautiful things to her Mama...firstly this adorable sign...Mr. Seventies already has it hung in the main bath....


And she spotted this adorable warmer...and thought it would be wonderful to use during the summer months...and I always love a cute tart warmer....


During the bar-b-cue...grand baby presented her Mimi with a beautiful bouquet of flowers of her own choice...along with a beautiful card containing another Amazon gift card!!


It was a wonderful Mother's Day...and I am truly blessed to have such a loving & caring family.  I also treated myself to this adorable butter dish....it's pumpkin shaped for fall....


I'm already looking ahead to fall!  The stores are full of summer decor.....and it's just not my thing.  I really am not a "cottage look" decor gal....I don't live in a cottage....and it's just not my thing.  And as far as outside summer decor...I know too well the climate we live in.  Having things sit outside...constantly require moving and care.  I'm not even going to put down outdoor rugs on the decks....nothing I dislike more than stepping out on a rug that has been rain soaked!  When we are not using the wicker deck furniture....it is covered...I don't want things that require a great deal of care!

This afternoon we are planning a trip to Kool Breeze greenhouse in Summerside!  Mr. Seventies is wanting a few more paw print pavers (six in total) for plans he has to use in the front gardens....and he'll want to scope out their supply flowers and shrubs. I'm sure the greenhouse and gift shop will be gorgeous and fully stocked....I'll be whipping out my iPhone for pics!

As always, I'll be hanging out over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.  Plan to join myself & other bloggers to see what everyone has been up to!

Thank you for hanging out with me today....until next time....



2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, those azaleas are so pretty and your gifts are all lovely (who does not like Amazon?)! Love the weiner picture too. I hear you about all the summer maintenance - except for the stuff on our small covered deck, I never leave out anything either. We get some pretty wicked winds and nasty hail. I just bring it out when we need it. Hope you had a fabulous trip to the greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Our climate can be pretty harsh...we seldom have a day without winds. I'm looking forward to hot temps in July & August. It's +18 here currently....and each spring we have so much outside work to do. It's hard to believe in a few weeks things will be lush, ,colourful and green! Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete