Followers

Monday, May 22, 2023

Outside Painting & Yard Work

Mr. Seventies has been busy here the last few days....with the exception of yesterday when we had much needed rain fall...

With 2-3 days of amazing weather....my handyman (aka Mr. Seventies) was able to paint the shutters,  window boxes & the front door! And I'm loving the pops of colour!   So...the colour for the doors and window boxes was called Rhubarb.  After one coat was applied on the boxes...I was in panic mode - the colour was pink!!  And I mean pink!  Not rhubarb colour....but pink!!  Pinky pink!!

I knew additional coats was not going to darken the colour any.  I grabbed the gallon of paint and headed back to the hardware store...where the girls at the paint counter couldn't have been more understanding.  After a few unsuccessful attempts to darken down the Rhubarb colour...we decided to start fresh.  I don't remember what the actual colour name ended up being...Raspberry something....

And...no charge for the new gallon!  Shout out to Kent's Building Supply store....for their superior customer service....

I give you a sneak peek a the finished painting....there is still a lot of yard work to do....as about six yards of black mulch will be delivered for the flower beds...and the lamp post will be given a fresh coat of black or antique bronze paint.  I love where my dragon fly is hung this year...that was Mr. Seventies doing....even the bird house got a fresh couple of coats of paint....


Because we lost a number of trees last fall, there was quite a bit of topsoil and grass seed needed to fill in the spaces.  There was 4-5 yards delivered....and it took Mr. Seventies a full day to spread it where needed.  We shared some of the topsoil with our neighbour.....and while rolling his lawn...he rolled ours before the grass seed was spread....



The garden on the side lawn was also "squared off".... and numerous plants have been transplanted....along with a couple of new ones added to the gardens....like this red Azalea I was given for Mother's Day!  I cannot wait for it to bloom and grow....and the additional paw prints have been put into place.  This is one area the black mulch will be spread....


Everything looks a bit desolate here in the spring....but soon will be lush and beautiful. The front lawn required a bit of patching....when work crews came to cut trees or remove debris....most   lawns took a beating from their equipment.   There is still so much brush and debris everywhere on the Island.  We pray a forest fire never breaks out...


And with a pretty coloured front door...a beautiful wreath is required.  After checking local stores...to no avail....I turned to a favourite site I love to shop.  Check out ShopCreationsByMaria on Etsy!  She is a Canadian entrepreneur, who makes gorgeous wreaths (located in Ontario....love supporting Canadian sellers)....and the variety of wreaths she makes is unbelievable!  I will be ordering a new one for fall....and another for Christmas!!  In the meantime...this large 26" wreath is on its way to me!  (and did I mention free shipping is offered as well?)....love the colours and the cute frog sign is an added bonus!!  Be sure and check out her Etsy store and tell her I sent you!!  I'll share pics when my wreath arrives!!


The tulips are blooming like mad!  I was able to pick a beautiful bouquet...I'll be kept in tulips for a few weeks yes!!


And the new pool sign in hung in place!  We haven't opened the pool yet...still too cool...but hopefully within the next couple of weeks we will get it open.  Mr. Seventies also has the back doors to paint...and then construction and repairs to the back decks...and fresh coats of stain!  We love this time of year!


And before I forget....Happy Victoria Day!  Since it's a long weekend for daughter and family, we plan to visit today and spoil grand baby a bit!   Daughter and I attended a surprise birthday party for my friend on Saturday....it was such fun...her daughter and husband planned the whole celebration!  Lots of catching up and laughs....and it doesn't hurt that my friend looks about 15 years younger than she is!  But I love her anyway...!

Come hang out at Between Naps on the Porch with Susan and a host of amazing bloggers for Metamorphosis Monday.  

I love Mondays and link parties!!  Thanks so much for spending a bit of your time with me today!!  I so appreciate you stopping by!  Until next time....




2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I am so glad for you that your yard is coming together after all the damage from Fiona. Alberta is in a state of emergency because of all the wild fires here and its so smoky. I'm praying that your sweet little island has no fires this year. The "raspberry" paint looks lovely and the wreath is so pretty! Happy Victoria day to you too my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, I've been following the news on the wild fires there...please, please stay safe! Even the smoke is such a scary thing...not to mention a health hazard! I'm glad you like the raspberry paint...I wasn't sure the colour was going to turn out! Keep me posted on how you guys are doing out there. My niece & boyfriend are in Calgary...when we were there four years ago....they were located in Edmonton. Forest fires are terrifying. We had a few back in the 80's not long after we moved here...and were ready evacuate at a moment's notice! I'll be thinking of you & praying you are doing okay!!

    ReplyDelete