Followers

Monday, May 1, 2023

Welcome May!!

Plants and shrubs along with trees are budding out everywhere!  We've had some amazing sunny weather...now we are heading into a pattern of showers this week.  The grass is really getting green!

We celebrated birthdays over the weekend...delicious bar-b-cue, cake & prezzies for daughter and son-in-law!  And any chance to see the antics of grand-baby is always welcome!

I did a little spring sprucing up around the house...a good sign I'm feeling better.  Iron levels still not where they need to be...I have a couple of upcoming appointments this month for additional infusions.   But things are improving.  I had these cushion covers in my cabinet...and thought it the perfect time to bring them out...


And placed a pretty, spring table runner in the kitchen...I can't remember if I'd purchased this one on Amazon or at Home Sense.....


I enjoy seeing my kitchen with the morning sun coming in.......


And look what arrived!  My coffee grinder tart warmer & I am loving it...no bulb required...it heats up enough to melt 3-4 tarts at one time.  It's a discontinued warmer originally sold on Scentsy.....


A talented gal here is having an amazing fundraiser for the animal shelter (they are building a $5 million dollar shelter this summer).   She is selling adorable Funny Bunny's for $20....with $5 from each sale donated to the shelter.  I'm all about helping our local shelter...and ordered this adorable bunny for grand-baby....as a keepsake...(and her wiener dog brother would shred it if he got a hold of it...)



We've named this bunny PJ Funny Bunny.....after a favourite book our daughter loved as a child...and it's still available on Amazon.  Of course....grand-baby will have her own copy and enjoy being read about the antics of PJ no longer wanting to be a bunny!!


We visited a few greenhouses the past few days....they are just starting to open up for the season!  Of course I head right to the gift shop to check things out and was not disappointed...Mr. Seventies did not seem to share the humour in this sign...lol...



He did however have a chuckle when he saw this one!  Reminded him of someone he says....


And this adorable gnome caught my eye...some are just really cute....like this guy!!


I have a couple of different sets of dachshund salt & pepper shakers....these ones are adorable.....


And speaking of dachshunds.....look who I bumped into!  An adorable long hair dachshund puppy...aptly named Ivy!! Just had to lay some loving on her!  The long hair dachshunds are much calmer than the wire and smooth hair....or so it would appear!



Some beautiful hanging baskets just starting to show off their colours....


And as always this beautiful fountain with Koi fish in the pond is wonderful.....


Along with everything else this year....the prices for annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees have gone up by at least 25% from last year...

One greenhouse we visited had beautiful Azalea shrubs....we picked one up as a Mother's Day gift for daughter.  She's wanting some colour in the front of their home...and this gorgeous red one should do the trick.  I suspect there will be one planted in our gardens as well....they are going to be beautiful!!


The cow canvas should be arriving today!!  So excited to get it hung!  Thanks for stopping by & spending a bit of your time with me!  Monday is my favourite day...since I get to hang out with Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday .

Be sure and stop over and check out some amazing bloggers!   Til next time.....













2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, it looks like you have been having fun lately out and about. I, for one, can't wait to see the cow canvas! Ivy is adorable. I must say that I have never heard of a tart warmer. Our gardening centers are getting stocked here as well though I haven't checked out the prices - its still to early to plant. - those baskets look so pretty. Your cushions and table runner just say spring! Glad that you got to celebrate birthdays over the weekend and I hope those iron levels continue to rise. Take care over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! It's too early to plant here as well....we had frost the other night. The garden centres will be fully stocked here in the coming weeks. You should pick up a tart warmer! I prefer them over candles...some warmers have a small bulb to melt the wax tarts...and some just heat up. I prefer the heat up ones...but have both. Walmart Scentationals tarts are my preference....much cheaper than Scentsy. Hope things are going well out there!! Spring has finally sprung my friend!!

    ReplyDelete