Followers

Monday, June 26, 2023

Decks Are Done...Pool is Ready..Gardens are in Bloom!!

I am so happy to have the outside work completed!!  Mr. Seventies worked so hard for 4-5 days while we had amazing weather.  The last load of mulch was delivered...and now all the flower gardens have been topped up!!

And the decks, gates, steps...and even the privacy wall are stained!!  The pool deck was the first order of business...since it gets sun from early morning til sunset...it gets really hot...so Mr. Seventies began early morning for the first coat..while I did the steps.  The next day...the second coat was much easier...and it feels awesome to have it completed!!

The pool has been fully vacuumed & cleaned...and Mr. Seventies secured the steps....


A seating area...to the left of the pool...a spot to dry off.  I'm not sure the rug will be staying...unless I pick up carpet tape...it tends to bunch up...and a tripping hazard.  We have an additional six folding chairs in the storage shed when needed.  The tote behind one chair holds the pool vacuum.  


The steps leading from the pool deck and into the back yard and garden look so much better with a couple of coats of stain....


The ped way from the small deck to the pool is looking much nicer...and the little gate Mr. Seventies constructed is perfect for keeping Liesel off the pool deck when the floor is hot or she is not in the pool with us.   And also a safety feature when grand baby visits...the gate latches on the other side....


And this is where we pretty much live in the summer months....love having our morning tea & coffee here..


Very happy we decided to go ahead and stain the privacy wall...and added a little bit of decor...


And the steps leading up to the small deck and back entrance.  This area is on the north side of our home...which takes the brunt of the weather when it settles in from the north.  The little pot of Impatiens was so dried out and pathetic in the garden centre at the hardware store....out of pity I brought it home and gave it some love.  I don't think it was watered since it was planted.  But after a bit of dead heading, water and TLC it is starting to spring back to life.  Red & white blooms just in time for Canada Day!!!


And at dusk....the Edison lights come on...absolutely love them....you can see here the second newly constructed gate  and wall addition received fresh stain as well....



We hung the second set of lights across the privacy wall....behind the wicker love seat...


At the front of the house the lamp post....spray painted black...turned out great!


Even the bird house was spruced up this year...booked for the season & waiting for it's occupants to arrive.  Usually a Mama chickadee will build a nest inside....once the family has vacated Mr. Seventies cleans it out for next summer arrivals....


I am so happy to see our Bridal Wreath Spirea survived Hurricane Fiona...after a huge tree landed on it!  (we have two additional dead trees to take down before winter).  We thought we might have lost this spirea...but she is back in bloom...looking a little bit worse for wear...


And the first of our peonies are in bloom!  I'd love to have a bouquet....but ants loves peonies.  And I don't love ants.  Plunging them into cold water after cut is supposed to take care of them....but it doesn't...so I will enjoy them where nature intended for them to be....


The Pink Weigela is starting to bloom!!  This will be covered in pink blossoms in a matter of days!  Another variety...the Red Prince Weigela will bloom a bit later...


The side garden is a bloom with colour every day!  The poppies are huge buds....just ready to burst open!  This is such a wonderful time of year....a chance to see everything spring back to life!!

Remember the mat I ordered from Plough & Hearth?  This one....


Imagine my disappointment when I received notification it is not available for shipment to Canada!  Well that would never do....so I found an amazing Canadian company in Ontario that carries the mat!  I quickly ordered one....and it is on its way!!  I'll give their site info here https://maggieanddix.com/.   Have a peek when you get a chance...they carry some beautiful decor!!

And my latest addition to my Gripstand bowl collection!!  You may remember the antique/junk store I visit from time to time in Summerside?  This was on their FB page...and they know my obsession/growing collection of these bowls....so this one is now mine!!!   (or will be when a sweet family member of the shop brings it to Charlottetown for me to retrieve)...



I've never seen one with the green stripe inside...apparently manufactured from the 1930's to 1950's!  This one is 11" in diameter....I saw a 13" one on an auction site....for $200!!  And of course...stamped on the bottom for authenticity.   This one makes #14 in my collection....and still room on the cabinet tops for more!!


That's what we've been up to...enjoyed a day in the pool....the water temperature showed 25 C 
(77 F)...which was perfect for cooling off!

And my favourite day for linking up with Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday
As always, I hope you drop over to Susan's blog later today and catch up with some amazing bloggers.
Usually Tuesdays I hang out at A Stroll Through Life....https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday!!

Thank you for stopping by & spending time with me...I so greatly appreciate it.  Feel free to leave a comment....and have an awesome day!!!













4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, your place is looking fantastic and what a lot of work you and Mr. Seventies have done. Wow! So glad for you that the pool is up and running and all your plants and flowers are looking great - those peonies look fabulous! Don't you hate it when they won't ship to Canada - drives me nuts. But so glad you were able to find your mat in another store. Enjoy. Happy summer over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Thank you for your sweet words...we had a marathon of work for a few days....while the weather co-operated! We've had such a wet, rainy month! I'm so happy to have found the mat in Canada...it is annoying when shipping is not available to Canada...I always check first if I order too! Have an awesome Canada Day out there...I know there will be lots of celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte, I’m writing from Ontario. I was just thinking … pools clean, decks are stained, gardens are in order, barbecue cleaned ….. and on and on. Kids are coming home for July long weekend.
    Happy Canada Day Charlotte regards, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fran...wonderful to hear from you!! Sounds like you've been super busy too!! Enjoy your family for the long weekend!! And have a wonderful Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete