Followers

Friday, June 30, 2023

Road Trip To Summerside

My friend and I enjoyed our outing yesterday...it was overcast...with a few rain drops...then the sun would come out.  And humid...it is so humid.  We came to the decision a road trip to Maine is warranted in the fall!  We are both all in...and will be plotting our excursion over the next few months!

We visited a number of shops...unfortunately most were full of shoppers and I was unable to take as many photos as I would like.  One home decor store....had mostly furniture pieces.  Gorgeous, good quality furniture pieces none the less...I found their inventory was lacking...canvases were beach themes....or horses only.  Not my thing. 

This sofa is gorgeous....I love everything about it!  The colour is gorgeous....and everything was 25% off!


The decorator cushions....are down filled!  Like the softest cushions ever...and $99 or more each.  But so beautiful....and I love the fabric...


And these chairs were simply amazing!  So soft....and comfortable...even with no arms....they were plump and soft at the same time.  The fabric was nubbly....but extremely durable....


This one was a set of two....with one being sold...beautiful quality build and fabric...and those legs!!


My favourite piece of all...was this bench...used with a dining table!  Oh, I'd love to have a dining room...because this piece would be in it!  It could be used anywhere...an entry way...at the foot of a bed...but I loved how they paired it with a gorgeous farmhouse dining table....


I wish I could have gotten more photos...but there were so many shoppers mingling about....and sales people asking if we required any assistance...

We had lunch break at the Star Lite diner....a retro 50's style diner....Mr. Seventies and I have frequented it a couple of times.  The food is amazing...but again....it was lunch time and the diner was full of patrons having lunch...

We dropped into the Salvation Army thrift shop....and the parking lot was full!  I had a difficult time finding a spot to park!  I knew I wouldn't be able to get photos with so many people crowded into a small shop.  I picked up a wicker basket to hold bathroom tissue and two stuffed toys for Liesel....

We stopped into a couple of antique/junk shops.  One antique place was beautiful....with gorgeous dishes, furniture, odds and ends...but the owner was right there the whole time & I didn't feel comfortable hauling out my phone and shooting pics!  

The second place you could barely get in the door!  The were unloading a huge truck at the back of the shop.  It is the shop where my recent Gripstand bowl was purchased!  Every now and then you can find something you are looking for.  It's that kind of place...

The last place we stopped....was a furniture/decor store.  It's where we purchased our leather furniture ...and they sell excellent, Canadian made furniture.  My friend is looking for a couple of new chairs for her family room.  I came across a rack of handbags and purses....on sale for 25% and ended up brining this beauty home!  It has a detachable strap...which I will be using with it...the colour is beautiful.  It was available in light brown also.  Isn't the handle gorgeous??


We received word our family physician is closing his practice!  Leaving us without a family doctor.  We will join 30,000 Islanders who are without a doctor here!  He's only been our doctor for 13 years and is amazing...taking excellent care of our family.....but is burned out.  The status of our health care here...is crisis mode.  We are battling a huge loss of doctors, nurses, and health professionals....and it doesn't appear anything is going to improve anytime soon.  

People hear about our "free" health care in Canada...but it isn't free.  Our taxes are high to cover the costs of medical care...we pay one way or another.  I am all for a two tier health care system.  If I'm charged to get to see a doctor...so be it.  At least we could see a doctor.  Have to make a few calls today to determine how to get prescription refills...and where testing results go.  If you can get testing done....who is going to receive the results?  Housing is also in criss mode here...yet more and more people are moving here...with no place to live.  House prices are insanely high....and apartment vacancies are nil. 

For the first time in 39 years...I'm sad to be living here.  Most provinces are facing the same issues...so moving is not the answer.  And have I mentioned the weather sucks?

That being said....I wish my fellow Canadians a wonderful (albeit wet here) Canada Day tomorrow!  We will muddle through this somehow my friends....








No comments:

Post a Comment