Followers

Monday, July 3, 2023

Covering Four Seasons!

Welcome to July!!  We had a lovely Canada Day...grandbaby & family joined us for an afternoon in the pool...it is fun to see how much she loves the water!  We enjoyed a couple of days of unexpected sun and heat....today we have a rainfall warning in effect!  Go figure. Hot temps are due to return later in the week....

My scarecrow rug arrived!  Love how it is going to look in the fall!  I've tucked it away until then...


And looking ahead to winter....(yes..it's a thing...) I have a couple of pair of hand warmers...and when I came across these Posie Handwarmers...I just had to have them.  The are great for driving...as the SUV steering wheel is heated...I don't require full coverage from mittens or gloves...swooning over the colour of these...the colours fit in with so many coats and jackets I already have.  They are fleece lined and knit with New Zealand sheep's wool...


And this adorable hat is right up my alley.  I don't care for a full hat...with a pom-pom on top...but this Beanie looks to be just the right size.  As with the hand warmers it is knit from New Zealand's lambs wool and fleece lined....just a great little cap to pull on for wearing out and about.  This one is called the Olivia Beanie...and I think the colours will match with the hand warmers perfectly....


Mr. Seventies requested I do an order of tulip bulbs with Vesey's Seeds.  They will ship at the appropriate planting time in the fall....and tulips are a favourite of mine....especially with the new varieties Veseys is putting out each year...

The first bulbs I chose are the Alison Bradley Double Tulip....how stunning is the colour?  Each order contains 10 bulbs in each variety chosen....



Insanely Jealous Tulip...(I love the names given to them)...this one is more your traditional looking tulip...



Fancy Frazzled Tulip Blend...wow.  All I can say about how gorgeous these are and how beautiful they will look in the gardens...and they are frazzled for sure!!



Chandelier Double Tulip...these look more like a beautiful rose in full bloom....and you can't go wrong with their Best Seller...


And these...are so unusual...we just have to plant and see what they look like in the spring.  I've never seen a tulip like this one before...the Peppermint Stick Botanical Tulip.  Going to be beautiful aren't they?



I took a browse around Old Navy early last week...and picked up a couple of woven cotton sun dresses...so comfortable and cool for hot days...the length falls just below the knee...


And I chose one in the beige colour as well....I will get a lot of wear with these...and they have pockets!!  I struggle with no pockets...I need a place to tuck my keys...when out and about!  These look great too with the new handbag I picked up last week as well!!


I think I've covered all the seasons!!  It is currently pouring rain outside...great for topping off the pool water...not that it needs it...but great all the same!!

I'll hope to see you later today at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.
And again tomorrow with Marty at a Stroll Thru Life for Inspire me Tuesday!!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!  Have an awesome day...and until next time...









4 comments:

  1. Ha Charlotte! You have definitely covered all the seasons and it was very strange to be thinking about winter mitts and hats but those you chose are just so pretty! Your new rug will look great in front of your door come fall and the sundresses will keep you cool in the summer. Those tulips are gorgeous!! I hope you had a wonderful July 1st and the weather is cooperating so that you can enjoy your beautiful pool. Enjoy my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day! And are having great weather! Have an awesome week!!

      Delete
  2. Awwww, this hat looks sooo cute. Hopefully when I get retired I'll have time to make these..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog!! I hope you are able to make the Beanies...let me know when you do!! Can always use an extra one or two!!

      Delete