Followers

Monday, July 24, 2023

July Winding Down

Can you believe it's the last full week of July already?  And we are forecast for another week of hot weather!  Which I am loving....although could do nicely without the accompanying humidity!

Is it too early to think ahead to Christmas?  If so...you may want to skim over this post...look what I purchased at Inspired Living!!  I love the Grinch...and when I saw on their FB site they brought a few of these in...I had them put one aside for me...I'll pick it up later today.  And I'll have a chance to browse the store for additional goodness!

We've decided this will be the last year for our flocked Christmas tree!  The mess from the flocking is a nightmare...it get's everywhere!   A real tree would be less mess.  I'll be getting a pre-lit non-flocked one...and you can guarantee this will be on it!!  Last year, at the hair salon they had a tree fully decorated in Grinch mode...and I absolutely loved it!   I think grand baby will love it too!!


And look what arrived!  Oh it is gorgeous...and I can't wait to hang it in the front entry this fall!  Fall to Christmas is my favourite time of year! I may have shared that a few dozen times....


Mr. Seventies and I took a drive to a local country market....and while he was ordering a couple of ice cream cones for us....I took a quick tour around the gift store.  Just a few new things in since our last visit...is this rug not gorgeous?  (I still like my poppy red one best though)....


This jar would be perfect for Liesel's treats!  Except the lid didn't close tightly...but it is adorable none the less...I prefer the top have vacuum sealed closure....


This piece is a little too big for the cabinet that houses my farm dinnerware and pieces...but I really like it!  


And I'm crushing on this trio of birds!  If I had some where to put it...it is adorable...


Mr. Seventies came along....carrying two ice cream cones...so that was the end of my browsing.  I will be venturing to Inspired Living to pick up my Grinch...and apparently they have been busy putting out new decor.

I'm in need of a new small garbage can for under the sink.  Not that we produce a lot of garbage...as most things are required to be recycled or composted.  A piece that holds the cover on my current can snapped off....so will drop into Home Sense and check out their selection.  I heard rumours they are putting out their fall decor!  *squeal*...

A new pet food supply store opened up very close to us...I popped in to check it out...and I was so impressed.  Kongs were 30% off...I picked up a new one for Liesel....and a bag of her kibble.  When I got to checkout...I was informed for that day....all purchases had $20 taken off the total!  So, I got her food and the Kong for less than $15!!  I'm happy they carry her small bites kibble.....which is Canadian made and the store is close to home.  

Remember I submitted our gardens for a city beautification contest that is being held?  I saw a couple of young ladies taking pictures the other day of the gardens at the front and side of the house...so who knows?  Not sure things are looking their best...with the heat we've had and some plants and shrubs finished blooming...and new ones not yet out.  But I thought it would be fun to enter.  I think the winners will be announced in early August....

I greatly appreciate you stopping by today...feel free to leave a comment....I'd love to hear from you.  Since Monday, is my favourite day...I'll be participating at Susan's blog  https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday 

And tomorrow with Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday!  And also sharing with Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday.   Both a couple of amazing bloggers...so please give them a read.  It is wonderful to support other bloggers!

Til next time...I hope you have an amazing day!!!








4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - that grinch in the Christmas tree is hilarious! What a hoot! And that rug is gorgeous. A lot of the fall stuff is coming out in the stores here. I wish you luck in beautification contest and fingers crossed that you win! Enjoy your week - we are very hot here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Isn't the grinch cute?? I can't wait to decorate our tree this year!! Home Sense here doesn't have much in the way of fall decor yet....Michaels is getting a good start on putting theirs out. My sister-in-law is visiting out there...and she reports it is very hot there as well. Have an awesome week my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Grinch tree is so cute! I tend to be more fall than Halloween in my decorating but I am definitely not ready for that yet even if I have seen some cute fall decorations already hitting the stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne!! I'm so excited to do a Grinch tree! Fall is my favourite time of year as well...but like you I'm not ready for it yet! The stores are slow here getting fall decor out...so I have to be patient!!

      Delete