Followers

Monday, July 17, 2023

Fall Decor Showing Up!

Is fall decor showing up in stores in your area?  Is it too early?  I personally love seeing what's new in fall decor...even with summer in full swing!  I've seen videos on You Tube of Christmas hauls...while wonderful to view....that's pushing Santa's sleigh a bit to early for me.  But to each his own...

I stopped by Michael's...and it is in full fall swing mode!  Staff were still putting goodies out...but there's quite a few pieces that caught my eye!  So, let's give a nod to fall...just little head tilt will do....

Cauldrons are back!  I picked up two of them last year...still crushing on them...


Pumpkins and lanterns...the ones on the top shelf are my favourite....


Some adorable serving pieces...the large leaf one is beautiful...



I'm crushing hard on these pumpkin mugs...I can't remember what fall mugs I have packed away...but I really need a set of these....


At first I thought these pumpkins were wooden...they sure looked wooden...but are breakable.  Luvin' them tho!!  And they are a generous size!


And you know how much I love garlands (or banners)....these are two I'm crushing on....I may get one for across the mantle....hmmmm...decisions decisions.   How adorable is this scarecrow garland??



This is new this year (as is the scarecrow garland)...a variety of pies....*swoon*....


A couple of awesome cushions....the one on the left is my favourite...just wish they were feather or down filled.  The covers were not removable....so that wasn't an option...



And I wouldn't feel bad hanging this wreath on the front during the windy & wet fall days we seem to get here!  Some are just to pretty and would be ruined...but I feel this one could handle a bit of Mother Nature.  The wreath I hung in my front entry wouldn't last a day in the summer sun and heat.  I plan to purchase a fall wreath from the same Etsy seller....but I wouldn't be hanging it outside....this one however would be okay....and I'd bring it in on nasty days...


When these candles go on BOGO sale....I'm picking up a couple of the pumpkin decorated jars.  Currently they are $20 each.....two for $20 is a much better deal.....


That was my spin around Michaels!  It was 31 C outside...we're having hot & humid days here (by our standards) and spending a great deal of time in the pool!

Mr. Seventies hung the bumble bee garland...it's hard to see they are actual little bees...but they light up beautifully at night....


The other two sets at night as well....although we think the sensor is broken on the set on the small deck. wall  They can be turned on/off manually...but that's a pain...likely will be replacing them.  Soon the summer items will be going on sale or clearance....


After four attempts in various spots in the gardens....we finally have a Clematis in bloom!  Mr. Seventies built the ladder & attached it to the deck wall so it can climb....and it is gorgeous this year.  Our daughter purchased this for her Dad...fourth time is a charm!!


And my knitted cap and hand warmers arrived!  They were held up in customs for four days...and I got slammed with duties....lesson learned.   I still am loving them though!  


In other news...I've been wanting a carboy or two since forever!   (I'm not making home brew).   I prefer light green ones...but beggars can't be choosers.  My favourite junk shop in Summerside had them (the shorter one on the right is the size)...and I was able to get two.  These are great for using with long stems...for fall...or anytime.   And they are being dropped off at no charge...win/win!!



I'm joining three awesome link parties this week!  Today I'll be over at Between Naps on the Porch for  Metamorphosis Monday.

And tomorrow with Marty at A Stroll Thru life for Inspire Me Tuesday....and Perfectly Imperfect-Life with Lyndsay for Tell It to Me Tuesday!!!

I'm struggling with adding backlinks!  Susan shared her link for Metamorphosis Monday....otherwise I have no clue how to do it!  I keep reading instructions...but I just can't get the hang of it.  Any help would be so appreciated!

I want to give these amazing blogs a nod & share their links...but I feel like a neanderthal in this area!!

While I muddle through this....have an amazing day!!  Til next time...














6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. Yes, they are bringing the fall stock in! I haven't been to Michaels recently but HomeSense had on whoe aisle for fall and I suspect they are just getting started. Thanks for sharing all the Michaels' stuff - I love fall stuff too. Glad your clematis took and sorry that I can't help with how to add a link because I have Wordpress and it's different (though not difficult in WP). Good luck and happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Home Sense here hadn't begun brining in fall decor...but Michaels is in full swing! I was thinking of switching over to WP...may mull that over! Have an awesome week...and stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cute items! I love fall decor but I never seem to get the things I really like because I can't let go of summer in time to start shopping for fall early enough. Thank you for sharing, and linking up with TTMT! Also, PS, I am terrible at figuring out how to backlink as well. I wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndsey!! They tend to rush the seasons in the stores, don't they? We start seeing patio furniture and grills in February...when we have snow everywhere! I hope I can figure out the link thing....but I will always mention TTMT in my post!!

      Delete
  4. I love those pumpkins in Hobby Lobby, and your favorites on the top shelf are my favorites, too. :) I haven't ever decorated with garlands, for some reason, but that pie one is too cute. May have to give that a try. I use Blogger, too, and I can tell you what I do to share blog parties--it's not the official way, but it works. I save the blog party images to my computer, then I them to my post like a regular picture. Then I highlight (or select) the picture and click the link button in the editor to make the photo have a link. That way, when readers on my blog visit, they can click the link to the link party and be taken there that way. You can see an example at one of my recent posts--just scroll down to the bottom and then click on the link where my post was featured. https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/2023/05/why-you-actually-want-to-buy-digital.html Hope that helps! :) Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer!! I wish we had Hobby Lobby-but all we have in my area of Canada is Michaels! I have a thing for garlands!! My bff & I hope to go to Maine in the fall...where we'll be hitting Hobby Lobby, for sure! Thanks for the help...so greatly appreciate it. Going to give it a try!!

      Delete