Followers

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Mid Week Little DIY

I've had this bird cage for a while now...and decided to make use it it for  Halloween decor...this was how it looked before I spray painted it black with left over paint from the front lamp post.  It was perfect weather for spraying outside....I laid a piece of brown paper down...and set the cage on it...



I picked up a couple of crows at Michales...although I feel they are a bit on the small side.  If I come across larger one(s).....I'll switch them out....


This is not the best photo....a black bird cage...with black crows inside...but I'm still happy with the end result...


I might pick up a couple more....and attach to the inside...so the crows appear to be perched.  There were baby crows...so they might fit right in...

Not a huge project...but I've seen similar pieces like this....and they are costly.  What isn't these days?

While picking up my Grinch tree decor...I took a browse around Inspired Living.  It's a small store...and jam packed with decor pieces & furniture.  It was quite busy...with shoppers milling about...but I was able to get a few photos of my favourite things....I'm a bit obsessed with this pitcher...


And this one is similar to the large one I purchased a few weeks back....just smaller in size....the grazing is lovely on this one....


And cows!  I think they call this knife edge painting...and right after I took this photo....a woman decided she had to have it...and headed for the cash with it!  My kinda of gal!!


This one is beautiful.....and so peaceful I find...dogs are so amazing....


A gorgeous lamp...and would be so simple to do to a lamp you want to update!  Just glue twine around the base...or having no patience like myself....I would just purchase it done....


Besides the Grinch....the only other item I picked up was a new mat for the back entrance.  Nothing fancy...just a striped floor mat. 

Today promises to be another hot one.  Monday I had an opportunity to strip the bedding, mattress protectors, pillow protectors and feather pillows from our bedroom and dry them in the hot sun!  Feathers everywhere outside...looked like someone plucked a chicken!!   But everything washed and dried beautifully...and smelled sweet dried in the sun.

Today....I need to pick some lavender!  We have a couple of patches to pick from....and they make awesome smelling sachets when dried.  I'm meeting a friend for coffee....and you can bet there will a few dips in the pool...

I hope you are enjoying beautiful weather too!  Soon we will be into August...our youngest grand daughter in Nova Scotia will be spending a few days with us....looking forward to having my ginger girl!  I'm hoping we still have great weather for the pool...and we will do some back to school shopping, take in a movie....and anything else she wants to do.  She's looking forward to seeing her little cousin...

Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment