Followers

Thursday, June 8, 2023

New Mattress Topper

I've been searching for a memory foam mattress topper for the guest room bed for quite some time now.  The stores here have the thin, egg carton looking ones....really flimsy.  Not what I was looking for.  When I saw this one on Amazon.....I thought I'd give it a try...


It is available in various thickness....up to 4".  I chose the 3" one...and it arrived the other day.  The instructions read to lay it on the bed for 72 hours to allow for it to fully expand...so that is what I'm doing...


It's very soft and squishy...and when my hand pushed on it....it came right back up.  I think it will add a bit of softness....and least I hope it will.  Once it's fully expanded...I'll strip the bed...lay it over the mattress....cover with a puffy mattress protector that adds extra padding and is fitted to the mattress...and make up the bed with fresh bedding.  

If this topper works well ....I may order a twin size one for the smaller guest room bed.  

When I was shopping for a new mattress in 2017 (I fully adhere to the lifespan of 10 years for mattresses...with proper care and vacuuming)....since I have a back full of arthritis....a foam mattress was recommended at the mattress store.  

Nope...it was a nightmare!  I require a soft mattress....one with a combination of coil and memory foam.  I remember asking my doctor what type of bed I should get & he replied if I can sleep in a hammock...do it!  Not sure Mr. Seventies would have appreciated that...but I can never sleep on a hard mattress.  Which is one of many reasons travelling is difficult for me.  The mattress we currently have is perfect softness!

Our daughter required day surgery on Tuesday....and her little one was running a bit of a temp and head cold (she is much better now)....so while her Dad stayed home with her....Mr. Seventies and I have been called into duty.  She couldn't be alone for the first 24 hours after surgery...so Mr. Seventies stayed with her yesterday...armed with a crock pot of chicken stew. (her hubby had to return to work).  While she rested he spent the day cleaning, dusting and vacuuming her home.  Now today...he is on housework duty here....lol.

She has a doctor appointment today...not able to drive....since her hubby has to work....I'll take her & drop off a water sample for testing at the pool store while we are out.  I'll spend the morning with her....and hopefully she will rest comfortably in the afternoon.....

And...it's still raining on and off here...everything is very green...but we need sun and warm temps.  Come on Mother Nature....give us a break! 

I hope you are enjoying nicer weather where ever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment