Followers

Monday, June 19, 2023

Shopping & Fall Decor Finds

Since summer refuses to show up....and it's feeling more like fall...(my favourite time of year)....it's not too early to pick up a couple of pieces of fall decor items!  It's a balmy 9 C here currently (that's 48 F)....with a cool breeze from the North.  Everything is green and lush though...thanks to endless days of rain...

Mr. Seventies had an additional four yards of black mulch delivered.....with a final (hopefully) four yards yet to be delivered....the front gardens are looking fresher.  When it's not raining....it's overcast & cool...perfect for spreading mulch...




Forgot to mention...the job of portering at the hospital....was too much for Mr. Seventies.  There is so much more than pushing patients for X-rays or tests.  Long, twelve hour shifts...and he was on his feet pretty much non stop!  Delivering blood samples to the lab constantly....among numerous other deliveries.  He truly enjoyed the people he met and worked with....and as fit as he is....he's not cut out to be a "runner'.  He prefers to putter away at small construction work...it's where he is happiest...and can move at his own pace.  He retired from his professional position eight years ago...so working is not a priority....

I ordered a couple of fall decor items!  I am obsessed with this mat from Plough & Hearth...I'm thinking of placing it in the kitchen....



And introducing....Gus the Mummy...I came across him on Poshmark!  Sent an offer to the seller... she accepted...and he is on his way to me!  He's 10.5" tall & will keep Marven the Mummy company on the counter in the fall....


We visited the greenhouse and market a few days ago...and the first place I head is the gift shop!  I wanted one of these hens for my dish cabinet.....but at a $69 price tag...not happening...I was scared to check out the price of the rooster....


I would have gotten this gnome....for the patio deck...but his price was $103!!  Is that not insane?  Things are usually higher in price during tourist season...but prices on everything have skyrocketed here!!


There were some lovely Plough & Heart mats....(not the scarecrow one though)....this tulip one is gorgeous....


And I'm crushing on this sunflower shaped one!  I wanted this for the back entry....but that's an area that gets too much traffic....and it would get dirty and ruined in no time....but a girl can dream...


And this pretty floral one...wool, hooked rugs are a weakness (among many) of mine...


And these adorable canvases painted by a local artist...foxes!!  Our fox population has depleted significantly....due to an outbreak of mange!  Absolutely breaks my heart....we spent years enjoying them in the field behind us....haven't seen one in 2-3 years!  *sniff*


Mother Nature can be so cruel...I'm praying the strongest ones can sustain....and soon we will be seeing them again.   They were great for keeping the mouse population under control!!



It was about this time Mr. Seventies lured me out of the gift shop with the promise of an ice cream....so I caved....

A couple days prior....I picked up another set of patio lights....even they've increased from $14 to $18 a set....Mr. Seventies hung them on the "ugly for now" privacy wall....


And peeps....I struggled to stay up til dusk to see them come on....at exactly 9:15 pm!!  The sky still looks light....but the little solar panel...screwed onto the ledge...was out of daylight....just in time....


And the set from last year...is still working and came on around the same time....it will soon be time to replace the "Rabbit Hound Inn" sign......it's been hung along the ped way for six years!


I picked up a couple of items for grand baby's Peppa Pig obsession....the carrying case is perfect to transport her Peppa collection around....and the book is a seek and find...she enjoys these type of books....


The long range weather claims we may get summer temperatures this week!  Fingers crossed there will be a couple of those days we can get some deck staining done!  The pool is operational...that's about as far as it's gotten.  Water is too cold for Mr. Seventies to set the steps in (he has to get in & place a bag of sand on a shelf behind one of the steps).  The sand weighs the steps down so they don't move.  The pool vacuum needs to go in and do its work for an afternoon as well.....

I did pop into Winners and Home Sense the other day....only purchase was a bottle of granite cleaner....and then picked up an order from Sephora.  I use Moroccan Oil products (hair and body)....and believe it or not.... it's cheaper at Sephora than other local beauty shops or Amazon!




I think a quick trip to the greenhouse is in the plans for today.  I spotted a red lupin....and a yellow one...and they are not colours seen here....nor in our gardens.  I saw them on a trip a while back...and Mr. Seventies thinks we should have one of each.  Yes we should. 

That just about covers all my "news".... thanks so much for hanging out with me.  Be sure & check out Between Naps on the Porch later today for  Metamorphosis Monday . 

And be sure and stop over at A Stroll Thru Life....for Inspire me Tuesday...just click on the link...if you're feeling the need for a bit of inspiration!!

















2 comments:

  1. Wish we could send some of our warm weather (100+ F) your way. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could send some too! Maybe not quite as hot as 100+F...but anything would be an improvement over what we've been getting this June!! Stay cool my friend!!!

      Delete