Followers

Friday, June 2, 2023

Outside Work On Rain Delay

It was 34 Celsius here yesterday (that's about 93-94 F)...it was hot.  And I loved it!  Our house stays cool usually until late in the afternoon...then the air needed to come on.  But it was such a beautiful day!  Now we are into a week of showers and rain....although much needed, any outside chores will be put on hold.  

Mr. Seventies got the gate from the pool deck to the back yard build.  The opening is much smaller now, with the continuation of the deck wall and the ramp gone...but nothing is pretty right now!  Still a work in progress...there is a latch on the inside of the gate...and of course it needs a couple of fresh coat of stain.


I popped into Wal Mart to check out the prices of spray paint there....and the difference in price from Home Depot is about $2 a can...prices are insane...


And the lamp post is finished!  I think it turned out great...its original colour was a hammered bronze...but that colour spray paint was over priced.  The black was about $15 a can...so I picked up two and have about half a can left over....





And a can about the same price (although not much choice of colours)....for the stars.  I wasn't going to bother painting & putting them back up but went ahead...they'll last a couple of more years and give a punch of colour...


I used very little of this spray paint.  And spent the rest of the afternoon wandering about trying to find something else to spray!!  No success.....yet. 

With the wet weather....staining of the decks and steps will be put on hold.  We need overcast, warm days to get those done....and no rain.

The pool is open...but the water is like milk!  I called the pool company....thinking they made a mistake with the amount of chlorine they recommended...but they assured me it was milky as the chlorine was killing off algae.  And the chlorine will burn off and the water will become clear.  I'm not convinced & am taking in another water sample (and photos) for confirmation.

The company was sold about a year ago...and I've not a lot of faith in the new employees.  They hooked up our neighbour's pool...and they had equipment leaks right off the bat!  It's $250 to have them come open or close your pool...it should have been done properly.  Mr. Seventies does ours...and has never had any issues or problems.  

And when I tossed the pool vacuum in the water...I didn't have it tightened to the hose apparently.  And it fell off.  So it sits somewhere on the bottom of the pool....we can't see it because the water is so unclear!   It's not hurting anything....just sitting there.   Crazy....

Our lilac hedge is fully budded out...and I'll have bouquets of them within the next week or two!  The red Azalea Mr. Seventies gifted me for Mother's Day is blooming....little red blossoms.    The tulips are just about done blooming....I have one last bunch inside to enjoy....

I stopped into Home Sense earlier in the week....and wondered why I was in there!  Nothing but planters, outdoor pieces and flamingo cushions....and Buddha's.  I'll likely curb my visits until August...when the scrumptious fall decor will be coming in!

That's about all that's new from my little corner of the world.  Wishing everyone an awesome weekend....and again...many thanks for spending your time with me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment