Followers

Monday, November 13, 2023

Craft & Home Decor Sale

Happy Monday!  My friend & I spent an enjoyable day in Summerside.....taking in a huge craft fair at the high school & our favourite home decor store!

I did not take photos at the craft fair...as vendors were of course at their booths...and there were hundreds of shoppers milling about.  Saturday...the line up for entrance was long...people waiting in the cold and wet flurries!  Glad we chose to go on Sunday....still busy....but we were able to navigate around the school (got turned around a few times)!  It's a large high school....and neither she nor I are familiar with the layout...even with a print out of the vendors.  The exits were not well marked....our only complaint.

Upon entering the school....we each filled out a ballet for door prizes....and before long I heard my name announced as a winner!  Before we left, we headed to the main office where I collected my prize....a beautiful infinity scarf and a handmade pot scrubber!  I'm not a scarf person...I immediately gave it to my friend...as she loves scarves.  The pot scrubber apparently is safe for coated cookware.

There were vendors selling just about everything from pottery, cutting boards, baking, jams jellies, knitting, candles and tarts to name a few!!  And you know I love tarts!!  


The Kristin Handcrafted tarts are amazing!  I currently have two squares of the Maple Walnut Fudge tarts in a warmer...and they smell heavenly!  They are soy melts and the seller is located in  Summerside (there were a number of vendors from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia as well).  She will be set up in Charlottetown later in the month at a couple of craft fairs here....I will be picking up a few more packages!  And I picked up a bag of fudge for Mr. Seventies.   My friend picked up three hand made ornaments & a couple of soy candles.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch at a local Chinese restaurant there....a real treat for both of us.  We had thought we would grab a bite to eat at the Starlight Diner...but decided on Chinese.  

After lunch...we headed to Prestige Home Decor store!  Wow....it was a bit overwhelming when we first arrived.  The store was decorated to the ceiling....we didn't know where to start!  It was busy...with lulls that gave us plenty of room and time to browse about....everything in the store was 25% off!

I missed out on this framed Santa!  I had planned to purchase him....and stupidly did not take him to the cash to have them hold it for me while I shopped...and when I went back around to get it....it was gone!  


This one was my second choice....but it was gone as well!  You gotta be quick if you see something you want...


Are these not absolutely adorable?  I couldn't resist not getting a pic of them....



A number of beautifully decorated trees....in various colour combinations...my favourite item in this photo is the Christmas stocking .....with our PEI tartan cuff!   The stocking was soft wool...from a local woolen mill!


Oh to be a child again....and have these nutcrackers hung in your bedroom for the holidays....


They carry such beautiful bedding, cushions and throws.....we browsed here for quite some time....


I wish I had picked up a couple of these pretty trees....and the mug is pretty adorable too....


A couple more decorated trees...beautiful colour combination of white and gold....


Adorable gnome cushions and I'm crushing hard on these little sheep!!!



Surprising enough....I didn't purchase anything!  My friend picked up some greenery picks and a couple of gift items for family members.  One thing that shocked me was the price of the various faux garlands they had!  I plan to pick up a cedar garland for the mantle....but their price of $159 for six feet seemed a bit steep.  Even with 25% off!  Inspired Living sells them for $59.99......so I will be getting mine there.  Talk about sticker price shock!

On our way home....we attempted (our fourth attempt ) to visit Star & Stable....a local Christmas store.  But...again our plans were foiled...they were closed!  Again.   We discovered earlier they are closed on Mondays....but were hoping they'd be open for business when we visited.  Plans foiled.  It's difficult to support local....if local has wonky hours.  One lady wrote she was very annoyed...she had planned to visit the shop on a week day (after an hour drive)....only to discover the shop closed for the day - for a Family Day! (they got a new puppy that day).  

Look what I scored at an online auction!  Are these not the most adorable mugs?  I've seen the vintage ones from years gone by....these ones are from Pottery Barn.  I may get Santa mugs that I've been eyeing as well.....I'm kinda over the Rae Dunn line of Christmas mugs.  I'm on the hunt now for a mug tree to hang these on...I hope to have luck at one of the thrift stores....


Spent an afternoon with grand baby....she is graduating from her crib to a big bed soon.  Grampie will be on hand to help her Dad with the take down and set up.  She has a doctor appointment this week to check on the status of her lungs....be certain the pneumonia is cleared up...and an additional puffer prescribed.  She is feeling so much better.  She & Grampie have a shopping date planned (for Mimi's Christmas stocking I am told).  Afterwards the three of us will be going out for lunch!  

Be sure and check out https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ later today for  Metamorphosis Monday

Tell It To Me Tuesday on  https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/
I wasn't able to participate last week....as I didn't see a link up to her blog.  Maybe someone can share if she is still hosting.

The propane company came last week to switch out the outside propane storage tanks to new tanks.  We have two large green tanks...which have not been replaced since 2011.  The technician lit the pilot light in the propane stove downstairs....and the hot water heater automatically resets.  So it was an easy half hour job.

The weather has been crappy....cold, windy with either rain or wet flurries.  Typical November in Prince Edward Island.  Busy week with appointments later in the week.  I saw my first Christmas tree up in a home down the street!  Not ready to set our up yet....

Thanks for stopping by today....I hope your day is awesome!!  Til next time...






 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was quite the shopping trip Charlotte! Sorry your missed out on the two pictures. It looks like a fabulous store and one that I would get into a lot of trouble I think lol. I agree that is a lot a money for a garland, but the reindeer mugs are adorable. Those little ones grow up so fast - enjoy your upcoming lunch. Good luck with the mug tree and take care over there!

    ReplyDelete