Followers

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Woke Up To This!

It's bound to happen....does every year!  This won't stick around long....just enough to make it wet & messy...


The power has flickered a couple of times!  When snow arrives before the leaves are on the ground....the trees are heavy....and tend to take down a few power lines!  The ploughs are out on the roads....


Seldom when the snow comes in November...does it stick around.  We are more likely to have a white Easter than a white Christmas!!

My friend and I decided to go to the mainland on Monday...her husband claimed Tuesday was going to be a nasty day (it wasn't).   But it snowed after we arrived there...made for a messy time getting out and about though.  Our first stop was Costco.   Of which I am not a fan....never have been.  Just don't see the draw in spending money....to shop in a store. And the line ups!!!  Crazy....

And the ginormous sizes of everything!  Mr. Seventies and I don't require a 45 gallon drum of peanut butter!! (slight exaggeration).  I agree you can get bulk sizes...I guess if you have a large family....but we know families that are two people.  Like us.  But still have to do Costco hauls!!  Don't understand...a trip to the mainland alone for gas and bridge toll is about $150.  I got bored quickly....my friend had a cart full and by this time....it was on to lunch afterwards.

We checked out their Home Sense...which is much larger and carries way more stock and choices than ours does...

I saw these...adorable!


Also black & tan dachshund available.  And no...I did not buy one....


My big splurge.....a couple of toys for Liesel....


I picked up a couple of things for grand baby for Christmas...and that was the extent of my shopping excursion.  I guess I wasn't missing much after all!  Although this adorable cushion was tempting...but I have at least two dachshund Christmas cushions already....

Later in the month, my friend & I have an excursion to Summerside planned.  A gorgeous home decor store we love to frequent is having its annual sale....and a large craft fair held at the high school there the same day!  And my favourite junk/antique shop has moved and opened up in a larger location...so we will stop in there as well. 

If you remember this guy I shared the other day....(they only had one in stock).  And now he is mine...to set on the front step.  The tree he holds....lights up!

I spent a full day packing up and putting away Halloween & fall decor!  Wow...three boxes and a very large tote to get it stored away!  The house feels so bare.   Clean....but bare.  

The wood pellet stove is up and running....no major repair.  Just a good cleaning of parts and we were back in business.  The temperature here is currently 0.  

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today...wishing you an awesome weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment