Followers

Monday, November 27, 2023

Merry Christmas To Me

I am so excited to have ordered the adorable Kate Spade gingerbread crossbody bag!  It is available on their U.S. website....but for certain items....(such as the bag)...they do not ship to Canada!  Go figure.  The Canadian website does not carry the bag...so I spent some time sourcing the bag & getting it at a price I was willing to pay!  

It's well known sellers on various sites...purchase items....for resale.  And of course adding on a substantial mark up!  I've found the bag selling anywhere from $230 to $770!  It's ridiculous when these sellers ask astronomical prices...not counting shipping, taxes, and duty (if ordered from the U.S.)......no thank you....

I struck a deal with a fellow Posher for the bag!  I'm happy to support a fellow Canadian seller on Poshmark.ca!!  I suspect this bag won't be available after two or three years....



It comes with a leather strap for wearing it across your body or over shoulder...or you can carry by the handle.  It's constructed of smooth leather as well!  I cannot wait for it to arrive...so festive for this time of year!

Of course, the bag would not be complete without attaching the gingerbread keychain (sold separately)....it finishes the look!  There is a small replica of the handbag keychain as well....but I'm crushing on the gingerbread boy!!


The bag might seem expensive....but investing in a quality leather bag is never a bad choice, in my opinion,  And you are also paying for the brand.  I am a lover of leather.... in purses, boots, shoes and furniture...even the upholstery in our SUV and Liesel's leash are leather!  Leather wears for years....and that in my mind....is worth the investment!  We have leather furniture in the family room downstairs over 25 years ago....and it still looks like the day it was purchased.  Which is why we purchased leather again for upstairs family room.  It wears so well.  I've got my eye on a beautiful teal leather small recliner...may be my investment next year....

And my nails just so happen to be showing a couple of cute gingerbread boys & candy cane stripes!



We put our tree up!  I've mentioned how messy a flocked tree is!!  This will likely be the last year for it...maybe next year I'll feel differently.  It's a lot of work decorating for the holidays....and I don't do much these days.....



We picked a sunny, warm day to put clear lights on the tree outside...and a flood light pointing to the wreath & front step.  I'll take a photo the next clear evening we take Liesel and go around the neighbourhood to enjoy the Christmas lights.  Last night was a full moon...we had a great walk before settling in for the night.  That meant digging out safety vests & wearing them to be more visible.  Traffic is still steady in the evenings...better to be seen....

And somehow....dam mice were getting in the house!!  And peeps...you have no idea how that creeps the bejezuz out of me!  We had success setting down traps....but called in the professionals to do an inspection and block them outside.  There are three bait boxes around the house...and in the attic which contain poison as well as traps hidden in places inside where Liesel does not have access to.  (the inside traps do not contain poison).  The bait used?  Licorace!  Go figure. 

Apparently the poison bait is biodegradable & the inspector will come every day or so to ensure they die in the box.  The fox population (which used to control the mice population)....is depleted in numbers due to mange....and with mice having only birds for predators...they are everywhere!  The inspector will come regularly for the next three months.  Any spots that he identified as a potential entry spot....he plugged with steel wool....although Mr. Seventies had most areas filled.  But they were getting in somehow!  Such is life...

My neighbour offered to send her cat over!  Ha!  Then I'd have a Liesel/cat problem on my hands!!

Thank you for stopping by today!  It's my favourite day for hanging out over at Susan's at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphosis Monday .  

And tomorrow be sure and check out https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Marty's blog party Inspire Me Tuesday.  And Lyndsey hosts Tell It To Me Tuesday at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/.









6 comments:

  1. Charlotte, the gingerbread house bag is adorable and so is the key chain. What a great find - you must have been so pleased! I love the little chimney on top. Your tree looks lovely and the wooden dog is so sweet. Sorry about the mice problem - they can be the dickens to get rid of. Good luck with it and glad that you called in the professionals. Take care over there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Thanks for your sweet comments...I do love my bag & keychain & can't wait til they arrive. I'm hopeful our mouse problem rets rectified soon...rodent control comes again today. Have an awesome week my friend....I hope the weather is beautiful there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never ever have a seen a bag like this before now.
    I visited you via Tell It To Me Tuesday! #24 | 11/28/23 | Link Party
    I linked up this week with = 27+28. Hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop and W-S #WordlessWednesday. You will find both under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an adorable bag for sure! Welcome...and thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. the bag looks so cute! and i love the stocking hanging on your fireplace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi &. welcome! Isn't the bag so cute!! I can't wait for it to arrive! Thank you - I love the knitted stockings as well!!

      Delete