Followers

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Road Trip Thrifting

As promised, during out short road trip last week...I was able to browse a couple of junk/thrift stores.  One shop has moved location...and I'm not a fan of its current spot or building.  It's located along a highway...and is out of place in a strip mall type of setting...with other un-related stores.  And much smaller- two cramped rooms...but it is what it is....

A fire king collector would have snapped this bowl up....there was a mug there as well...


I can't remember the name of this pattern...I think it's from Johnson Brothers...but don't hold me to that...I know I've seen it before....


It was difficult to get photos...as it only took a few shoppers in the crowded rooms to make it a chore...so I didn't get many....the pitcher and bowl are circa 1970's or 80's....is that considered vintage now?  Popular in ceramic classes....


A couple of nice cabinets...great as is or for a re-do.  Apparently a large shipment of items was unloaded the day after my visit....


This one was my favourite....



Next I hit up the local Salvation Army thrift store...it was busy as well...my heart skipped when I saw this bowl on a shelf across the store.   I thought it was.    It isn't....but a.nice piece of yellow ware though....


This one had no markings....have no idea of this sponge ware bowl - it's age or origins....


This reminded me....of me...shopping bags, handbag, cell phone....looks familiar...


This little nugget...for a whopping $3 came home with me....


It looks right at home in my cabinet....


I wish I had purchased this....the texture was amazing....and I really like the colour...very rough & crazed....


And look what I found!  Another tart warmer...complete with working bulb...and old wax...it takes only a minute to pop that out....


Once I gave it a good cleaning...and removed the wax....it's as good as new....a bargain at $5.....


And this jug...marked Ikea on the bottom...I considered picking it up....but decided to leave it for someone else to enjoy...should I have gotten it?


I scored a new food bowl for Liesel for $3!  These are $15-$20 at the pet supply store....



And the Christmas room!!  I didn't even venture into that abyss....



And with that...I wrapped up my thrifting venture!  We picked up a pizza from the best pizza place on the planet-in my opinion.  We enjoy one every time we visit Summerside....Mr. Seventies & Liesel waited in the SUV....

As I was reading the menu.....a crowd of teenage boys from a nearby junior high came in - to order & pick up a lunch special!  There were about 10 of them - one sweet lad asked if I had ordered...when I advised him I hadn't...but he & his friends could go first....he insisted they stand aside & let me order first....as they had an hour for lunch!!

I thanked them profusely....kudos to their parents for raising such amazing young men!!   

In other news....I ordered this wooden bowl online.....perfect for holding a bit of fruit....


A tic tok video popped up in my feed.- an Amazon haul...and I was gobsmacked!  Did anyone know these even existed?  I sure didn't...but I couldn't order a set fast enough!!  I'll share with daughter since there is six in a package....an ingenius method to keep appliance cords out of the way!!  Yes please....



It's cold & windy today....it snowed a bit over night.  Enough to cause drifting snow....the schools are on a one hour delay.  We are getting into the heart of winter....a recent storm missed us....this time.  

It's also a long weekend...Monday is Islander Day....a provincial holiday.  Wishing you all a great weekend....and thanks so much for dropping by....

Til next time....










No comments:

Post a Comment