Followers

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Slow Week

Due to ongoing snow clean up it's been a relatively slow week. Our community mailboxes are buried in a heap of snow still....no mail delivery and most sidewalks are un-plowed. While the main districts are passable...most are down to two lanes instead of four.  Four school districts were still closed yesterday...but plan to open today...things are getting back to normal....

I wouldn't even hazard to guess what the downtown core current state is.  Narrow streets filled with snow makes for poor mobility and parking...and clean up backs traffic up no matter where you venture.  I seldom venture to the heart of the city...and this is not a great time to do so....

I stopped into Home Sense...nothing really caught my eye.  This is a slow time of year for home decor.  I was surprised be the small amount of Valentine & Easter decor available.  Perhaps they are just not huge sellers...and the decorator cushions inventory is sorely lacking...the choice of colours and fabrics is depressing.  Now if you are looking for baskets, hampers or lamps...they have those up the wazoo!  

A doxie van Gough inspired if anyone is looking...(I was not)....


Now I do find this adorable...I see a dachshund dressed as a sheep...but that's likely just me....


The only bunny related item I semi-liked...this adorable garland...and speaking of bunnies...due to the storm...our local wild bunnies are having a difficult time finding food!  Locals are feeding them...never a good idea but it beats having them slowly starve to death....


Now this....this...caught my attention!  I am obsessed with this coo!!  Annoyed I didn't purchase it....I may yet...once I decide where to hang it...


And such a pretty little baking dish...if I didn't have a number of them...this one would have come home with me...I practiced restraint...


I forgot to share this little cow canvas I picked up when I was thrifting last week....fits perfectly in my cabinet...along with the milk pitcher I purchased...



Other than that, it's been a slow week.  Mr. Seventies made a trip to the mainland, friends needed a lift to the airport there.  Their flight from here was cancelled due to the storm...and to make connecting flights (to Portugal).... a flight from a different airport was required.  They were unable to secure a flight from here after the cancellation, but able to do so on the mainland, Their return flight however flies into our airport, and they will need their vehicle upon their return.  It's currently in our driveway.  I did not tag along for the ride... Mr. Seventies was back home by lunch time.  The storm missed that area...so travel was not affected....

We do plan a day trip to Kensington & Summerside in the next day or so.  I plan to hit up the newly located junk/antique shop & the Salvation Army thrift store.  And of course, Prestige Home Decor....I haven't visited there since November.

Mr. Seventies is having serious cravings for cream cheese covered cinnamon buns from Willow Bakery & Cafe in Kensington....it is the greatest spot to enjoy lunch & check out their treasure trove of baked goods!  I've raved about them before....they are so worth the trip!  They freeze well too!


I'll take you along with me and share my findings..the weather forecast is great & the further west you go on the Island...the less snow.    As well I plan a visit to Inspired Living later next week...they are boasting truck loads of new home decor have arrived!!

Dinner & time with the grand baby planned for this weekend...looking forward to that!

Til next time....







No comments:

Post a Comment