Followers

Monday, February 12, 2024

Road Trip!!

The weather has been beautiful lately & the snow has been slowly melting...we loaded Liesel in her safety seat....and headed out on a short road trip.  Don't let the face fool you....she was very excited to be getting out & about...



The first stop was Prestige Home Decor...my last visit was in late November....this store never disappoints....this beautiful wreath was the first item to catch my eye....


And these mugs!!  I'm crushing on them big time....sweet for anytime of year....


Faux forsythia branches....(I have these)....an early sign of spring.  Forsythia are the first shrub to bloom here in spring & give a much needed pop of colour....we have one such shrub on our property & it is so wonderful to see it bloom each year.....


And.....this canvas.  I am obsessed...the colours are gorgeous.  I wish I had a place to hang this beautiful piece...it would have come home with me...


The kitchen/dining section held some lovely pieces.....these jugs came in a variety of sizes.....


I know designers are saying barn doors on anything have had their day....I pay no attention to what trends come in or go out.  It's your home....if you love it....then you do you.  I happen to still love barn door anything....


There was a large sale selection of Christmas decor....I'm over it by late December....today was no different.  These bottle brush trees were about the only things that caught my eye.....


Mr. Seventies called these doxie salt & pepper shakers "tacky".... guess he is un-aware we have an identical set.   Keep that between us....


A couple of gorgeous furniture pieces....this sofa just makes my heart skip a beat....everything from the awesome leather texture.....the caramel colour....there isn't one thing I don't love about it!  It's a showstopper...


And while I really like chairs like this one....the no arms is a no for me.  Chairs are supposed to be comfortable....and while the down seat on this is amazing....it's not a chair for curling up in....very expensive for a "just for looks" piece....


I fell hard for these faux Lilies of the Valley stems....until I felt them.  Plastic.  Had they been a little bit "faux real"to the touch,  I would have snatched up two or three bunches....but they were, in my humble opinion....dollar store quality....except with a much higher price tag....


Adorable little bird ornaments...and then I made my way out of the store.  I'll be back in the spring!


We then headed off to a couple of thrift shops...I'll share my findings & purchases in another post this week....

I am updating our family room area rug.....going with wool again - you cannot beat its durability and performance.  Having our current one for about five years....it's time for a colour change....I decided to go with this Safavieh handmade floral wool rug in the charcoal colour. 

I had a difficult time choosing between charcoal or navy & it sat in my online cart for a week or more.  The final push - the sale was ending.  ($300 off the regular price)....so I had to pull the trigger & just pick a colour.  So....charcoal it is.   It's larger than our current rug....which is 9 x 12.  The new one is 11 x 15.....

We will lay it when the ceilings are scraped, repaired & painted.  It's won't arrive until the end of the month....and will be stored in the downstairs family room until then.   And since our current rug has years of life left .....daughter will be adding it to her home.  We will steam clean and freshen it up for her...wool rugs with little care & maintenance last years.

What do you think?  Did I make the right colour choice?  It was available in charcoal, navy, red/rust (too similar to our current rug)...and a yellow/mustard which was. not even in the running....


Thanks so much for sharing a bit of your time with me!  Come back in a day or two when I share my thrift store findings...

In the meantime join me with Susan at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!  Always a wide variety of bloggers sharing on her blog...

And Tuesday, another favourite day....I'll be hanging out with Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/  and Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Happy Hearts and Homes.

And I'm joining a new to me link party over at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talk About It Tuesdays!! (ps - thanks so much for the invite!!)

Lots of fun & informative blogs to read...please stop over & share some love with these amazing bloggers!!

Til next time....


10 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for anything with a barn door too; even if I never buy the items. That new rug is beautiful! We love our old wool rug and it has held up so much better than any other rug we've bought to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you can't beat the durability & wear of wool rugs! I'm looking forward to receiving my new one! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you--I am crushing on those mugs, too. What beautiful finds. Visiting from Happy Hearts & Home linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Wonderful to have you here! Aren't those mugs adorable? Thanks for visiting from Happy Hearts & Home! Hope you drop by again soon!

      Delete
  4. Oh, you had your eye on some pretty things! I haven't bought anything for the house lately. I am wanted to add some French country side touches but I think it will be a slow search of the right pieces.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mireille (such a pretty name) & welcome!! Half the fun is searching...French country is such a beautiful style of decor! Good luck with finding your pieces...

      Delete
  5. First time visitor to your blog, and saw it at Talk About it Tues. LOVE the colors and layout . My shares at the party are #51, 52, and 53. Warm regards, Nancy Andres @ Colors 4 Health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy - and welcome!! Hope you come back again soon!

      Delete
  6. Those heart cups are absolutely adorable! Also, I don't pay attention to the trends either, I decorate in a way that makes me happy! Thanks for visiting Happy Hearts & Homes, I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mugs are so adorable, aren't they!! See you at Happy Hearts & Homes soon!!

      Delete