Followers

Monday, February 19, 2024

A Few February Finds

February is going by so quickly.....the quicker we get through winter...that suits me just fine.  No storms in the forecast for this week yet...but it's been cold & windy the last few days...

I ventured to Inspired Living (home decor) one afternoon last week...first thing to catch my eye were these realistic feeling & looking tulips.  They are gorgeous...but come with the hefty price tag of $23.99 for 10 stems!   I'm all for supporting local...but Amazon sells identical tulips - $20 for 30 stems...(I purchased them in white from Amazon last year).....and they do look & feel real.  It will be a few months before we see any tulips in our gardens....spring is just a day on the calendar here!!


This large tiered tray is gorgeous....I have a round one in the same finish...and don't feel really need this one...


I can see using these trays to carry snacks and drinks to the deck in the summer....and they are super sturdy...the small one is perfect size for my needs....


I'm crushing on these mirrors....I'm on the hunt for a new mirror in the main bath....and would love to go with this style....maybe in white...


A couple of beautiful vases....I have a thing for them & have to restrain myself...you can only have so many, right?



As I was browsing around....a substantial delivery arrived at the store....new goodies arrived....another venture for another day....



We spent a couple of days doing some puttering around the house....even though it was chilly outside...the sun was strong & it felt like a good time to strip bedding, wash & sanitize bed pillows and our queen mattress...

To sanitize....I use my hand held steamer.  It's not my favourite tool...it tends to be heavy & a bit bulky...but it does the job.  I'm not a fan of ironing our huge bedskirt...once it was washed & dried...I laid in on the box spring....and steamed it to a wrinkle free finish.

I broke one of my rules about purchasing soft home goods second hand.  I was needing feather cushion inserts...and found a set on FB market place for $20.  Too good a price to pass up!  As soon as I picked them up, I removed the zippered covers (tossed them out) & left them tied up in a recycle bag on the deck for a couple of days. 

I brought them inside...washed & dried them twice in hot water & two hours in the dryer!   Since the sun was out....I laid them on a plastic sheet on the deck...and flip them throughout the day. 

Then I steam cleaned them!  They were in beautiful condition when I purchased them....but now are sparkling cleaned & sanitary.  Overkill on the cleaning perhaps....but better to be safe than sorry.  And it's not a habit I would get in to....

I picked this steamer up a few years ago at Wal Mart - it's easier to use on a flat surface...such as a mattress.  Once steamed...the afternoon sun beaming in does the rest....


And remember these cord holders from Amazon?   They come six in a pack....


Where have they been all my life?  Such an easy fix to wind cords around & store out of the way!  I stuck one on my Kitchen Aid, another on the Keurig....and gave a couple to daughter to use on her kitchen appliances as well....




We rolled up the family room carpet...and delivered it to daughter...it looks amazing in her family room.  She is purchasing a Little Green Machine carpet cleaner...and plans to freshen it up.  We had planned to do so...but she is wanting to test her cleaner when it arrives...so the rug was given a thorough vacuuming and loaded into our SUV...

So, now we live with a naked family room floor!  And I don't like it one little bit....when the new one arrives, (hopefully late next week)....it will be laid down!  We can remove & roll it up while the ceilings are being done....but in the meantime it will be on the floor....

I plan to start Bounce class again this week....instead of moving up to the next level...on the advice of the instructor, I'm doing another four weeks of Learn To Bounce.  I'm not confident enough in the workout boots to let go of a chair I keep in front of me at class....I need a few additional classes to build up my confidence.  I'm attending class twice a week instead of one....

That is all the news from my little part of the world!  Please join me  later today with Susan at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday.

As well as a couple of link parties on Tuesday....https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talk About it Tuesdays!

Lyndsey, over at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ is taking a much needed break this week...join me over there next Tuesday!!

As always, thank you so much for spending a bit of your time with me...I so appreciate it.  Today is a provincial holiday here (Islander Day)... a family day of sorts....if you are fortunate enough to spend time with your loved ones.....enjoy your day!!

Til next time....





10 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. Those tulips are really pretty but what a price difference from Amazon. I know Susan from BNOTP got hers from Amazon and raves about them too. Yes, the vases- so nice but so hard on storage lol. Congrats on the second round of the bounce class - I'm sure you will crush it! We are feeling some spring here and its lovely - hope you are too. Take care over there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! The tulips on Amazon are really nice-look so real! Susan gives great reviews on items she buys-I value her opinion highly! Oh, I wish we were feeling spring -we are getting cold windchills overnight...it's the heart of winter here! Enjoy some nice days...and send a few my way!!

      Delete
  2. Yikes those tulips are pretty pricy; beautiful but I have heard excellent things about the Amazon tulips. I'm all for supporting local too but the prices have to at least be within the same ball park. I'm washing all our sheets and bedding this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne - I'm super pleased with the tulips from Amazon - sometimes it just isn't cost effective to buy local! Everywhere is feeling the pinch of inflation. It feels so good to strip & wash bedding doesn't it? I prefer to hang sheets out...but we still have deep drifts of snow...making it impossible! Have an awesome day my friend!!

      Delete
  3. I love that tiered tray--I could use one so it's too bad I wasn't along. ha These are lovely finds. Visiting from Talking About It Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer - and welcome!! Great to have you here..isn't that tray awesome?? And it's a generous size - I came so close to purchasing it - but I have a couple already.

      Delete
  4. I love the tulips and those vases. I had gotten to the point of yes, I have too many. With inflation, hard to pass up a bargain.
    I am allergic to fresh flowers. One day last year, my friend called and said "Step out on the porch" She had put all of these silk flowers, separated by colors, in containers, on my porch. I was so surprised at the rainbow of colors.
    Remember May flowers hung on a friend or neighbor's door to cheer them up ? Your tulips cheered us up today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words....tulips are my favourite as well...and we have many varieties of real ones in our gardens. How wonderful your friend left you a gift of silk flowers...very special! Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  5. I love seeing what catches your eyes. The tulips look really and I really love the water pitcher.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mireille - so sweet of you to say!! Very happy you stopped by....hope to see you again soon!!

      Delete