Followers

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Time For Wardrobe Additions

Since beginning my journey to wellness last June...I've gotten by with the "bare" necessities for clothing....as I continued losing weight, I've pick up only a few new pieces to wear along the way.  I spent an afternoon purging out the last of my clothes that no longer fit...now I am down to the bare bones so to speak. I headed out for a couple of days of shopping, trying on "new to me" sizes, and picking up a few items.

My first stop netted two summer sweaters....great to wear with a little cami underneath.....the emerald green is gorgeous.....as is the blue!  I couldn't decide which to get....so I got both!  That's my rule!  Easy decision when they are on sale.....



Since I needed under garments....I headed to la Vie En Rose...or as I call it, "the pyjama store"!  All winter/Christmas sleepwear was on clearance....I love this long lounge sweater....(I am a bit of a lounge lizard)...lots of winter left yet to get wear with this cozy piece & sleep pants!


As I was leaving la Vie en Rose....I spotted this adorable cardigan on display in another clothing store...and I had to have it!  Granny squares just spoke to me!!


These cargo joggers are not for everyone....but they are perfect for my casual style!  They didn't have my size in store....so I placed an order on line.  Since unsure of the size....I ordered two different sizes & will keep the pair that fit the best....


It pays to ask a sales clerk for help....this terry sweatshirt in a size Medium was not on the shelf.  The helpful gal went to the stock room & came back with it & it fits perfectly!!  Lightweight yet great for cool days.  I had purchased three sweatshirts back in the fall...and have worn them nearly to rags over the winter...they are looking a bit oversized & faded now....


A stop into a locally owned footwear store was a huge success!  Grabbed these  Clark sandals for summer....I live in slides & these are so comfortable!  I went down half a size....as they are leather & will stretch a bit... 



Trying on clothes in stores....is exhausting!  I had no idea what sizes I  needed, so I had to try everything on....(except for the cargo joggers).    My least favourite thing to do...trying on clothes....

I've sent at least four large bags of plus size clothes to goodwill ...with another full bag ready to be dropped off.  All fall & winter pieces....I haven't brought out my summer items yet....but I'm certain not much will be wearable as I keep losing weight.   It's a good problem to have though!

My sweet friend dropped in for coffee the other day....and arrived with a beautiful bouquet of tulips!   Such a beautiful touch of spring....


It's wet & windy here today....rain & mild temperatures are helping rid us of snow.  We'll have more for certain....it's wonderful to have it lighter in the mornings and later in the evenings.  It amazes me when the world comes back to life in the spring...which is usually May into June here!

As we say good-bye to February....be sure & check back on Monday for an update on the give away!  I'm excited to say a little thank you to my readers...I'm so appreciative you share a bit of your time with me!!

We are considering a trip in the fall to Alberta.  We enjoyed our last vacation there....touring around Banff, Jasper, Canmore, Edmonton and all spots in between!  Oh those Rockie mountains....they are majestic.  If ever we were to leave Prince Edward Island....we would settle in Calgary.  (not in the cards....but a gal can dream).  Lots of time and planning to do ahead of time....fingers crossed...

Hope to catch you back here next month!!  


2 comments:

  1. I love those 2 crochet sweaters! I just bought a tan one a couple days ago and I think they are perfect for the warmer months with a cami or bodysuit under.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mirelle! They are so perfect for the warmer months....and available in a variety of colours too!

      Delete