Followers

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Final Thrift Finds & Other Stuff

This is the last of my thrift finds from my thrifting adventure....I plan to check out the thrift stores once a month or so...they are crazy busy these days....although prices can be higher than retail!  I've heard & read about the over pricing at thrift stores....and here is no exception.

Take this covered dish....not sure it's food safe...but really?  I know it's pottery....but so over priced!!


And a swan...done in ceramics class...I guess they call it vintage?  


Of course....little pottery trinket bowls are always a hit for me....priced between $5-$6 each....



I remember when these prints were popular in the 90's!  The regular pice on the back was $24.99 - now selling for half that price.   I'd have to repaint that frame though.....it is original to the piece....but not a fan of it.....




Yes, I did!  I purchased a bag of faux fruit...because it looked so real!  Right?  The Granny Smith apples I had...the rest was bagged up & priced at $5.....



I have been wanting a wooden silverware storage tray forever.... I've only found them for $25 & up! When I came across this for under $5...I grabbed it.  Wasn't even sure it would fit....but it did!  And no...none of my hodge podge of knives, forks & spoons match....some things just aren't that important to me...


I popped into Home Sense the same day....and even though I'm a die hard rabbit lover......these are a no....maybe for a nursery?  But otherwise.....a hard no....



Everything is Easter decor at Home Sense right now.....that's a lot of carrots, egg wreaths & bunnies!!
I was on the hunt for a new toy basket there for Liesel....and found exactly what I was looking for!!

Me thinks this dog has too many toys....it's over flowing already!


When you just have to get that one toy at the bottom....nothing else will do!!  Silly girl.....


And since daughter has a birthday in a couple of months....and wanting a green machine.....I picked one up for her.  I had to let her know I had it....so she wouldn't purchase it herself.  She's a lot like her Mama that way.  Plan to give it to her long before her birthday.....I'm hoping it works well for her....


And according to the tracking info on my new rug....it's due to arrive tomorrow before end of day!!  I cannot wait to receive it!!  

It's going to be milder the next few days....we have rain in the forecast for the weekend! I plan to stop into Michael's today....see what's out on the shelves there....assuming more Easter decor....

Have an awesome weekend peeps!   Til next time.....

PS - in honour of my March birthday next month....I will be having a little give away!  More to come on that later.....so stay tuned!!








No comments:

Post a Comment