Followers

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Happy February!

Here we are in a brand new month..and it's a leap year!  Mr. Seventies finished painting the bead board and moulding in the main bath...happy to have that completed!

I still have a few items to share from my recent thrift shopping....the first two pieces I couldn't believe I stumbled upon!  When Mr. Seventies mother passed away....her china set was gifted to our daughter....a gift to cherish from her grandmother.  Growing up Mr. Seventies purchased various pieces with money earned from his paper route...for his mother's birthday or Mother's Day.   The pattern is Centennial Rose, from Royal Albert and was produced in 1967......Canada's centennial year.

I came across this vegetable serving bowl in the thrift store...for $3.50!!  Pristine condition...I quickly set it in my cart!



And then....at a second thrift store....I found a matching coffee mug...(it was 30% off day)  for grand total of $2.71... 



Not every day you come across something that is so personal & holds special meaning.  These pieces will be added to daughter's china collection...

And this....I have no words.  I left this treasure for someone else to enjoy...  


Anyone who collects this ironstone pattern would be thrilled to find these pieces...prices are a bit steep for a thrift store....but that trend is happening everywhere.....


Same for this piece...originally sold at Wal Mart the sticker on the back says....in my opinion it's worth only half of what they are asking....


I love these next two pieces....but really have no use for them...but I'm certain someone will snatch them up....



Had this one been larger & taller I would have picked it up....



Anyone who loves Tim Horton's coffee....(a Canadian staple) ...would recognize this collector's edition mug...they come out with various mugs quite often & then discontinue them.  Had this been a red & white edition....I would have snagged it...


Liesel is enjoying this new friend....she patiently waited while he was freshened up in the laundry....then immediately set to taking his left eye out....worth the $1.50 price tag....



It has been announced a second Mission thrift store will be opening up in Summerside in the near future!  Looking forward to checking it out once it opens...

I dropped into Home Sense the other day....stock is depleted as it's winter....and other than a small shelf of Valentine goods...not much to see...with the exception of a heart cushion....fibre filled....


At first glance these lamps have the appearance of being wrapped in twine....but they are ceramic...not a good look....


And these blanket ladders...left me with a puzzled look on my face...not a good look for them.....or me...not to mention sticker shock...


I'm looking for a wooden bowl....I considered this one....but held off as the imported quality just wasn't there...for the price....


Snowy days in the forecast....no major amount of snowfall...our roads & sidewalks are bare.  February is usually our coldest month...where we dip into cold windchills...so there's that to look forward to!

Bounce/jump class begins again on Saturday.for another four weeks....looking forward to that as well!

Have an awesome weekend & thanks for spending a bit of time with me!   Til next time....











No comments:

Post a Comment