Followers

Monday, January 29, 2024

Thrifting Part 2

January is winding down...and can you believe we haven't had one major snow storm yet?  I likely just jinxed that....but it's hard to believe!   Still able to go boot-less!  We've had a few days of cold temps and flurries...most years we've had two or three snow storms by now.  I'm not complaining...

I split my thrifting post up as I didn't want it to be too long....remember this from my previous post?   The platter is listed on FB Marketplace....for $25.   I knew it was too good a find for someone to pass up...


Nothing I love more than pottery!  I'd say someone was clearing out their pieces as most of these finds had the same initial carved into the bottom...the one in the back on the right...I bought that!  It has a rough bumpy texture on the exterior...which I love.  I have it just sitting on the coffee table...



And the piece in the front on the right....the minute I saw it I knew what I could use it for....



Great for storing pot scrubbers...and set under the kitchen sink!


I'm crushing on this piece....perfect for holding a small candle!  It was $10 though...a little steep for a thrift store....in my opinion... so I left it.  How about you?  Do you love pottery too?


If this had been any colour but red...I would have snatched it up!  Can be used for so many different things....cupcakes come to mind!  Or used to elevate anything....candles....hand/dish soap dispensers...it was about 6" round....


These candle holders in Home Sense are ridiculously priced...a good find at the thrift store....the set of five was under $10!



Remember when these were a thing?  I sure do...back in the 80's I used to drool over them!  Nothing like them was available here at the time...maybe a good thing?   Kinda fugly now...


I could not pass on this pitcher....says Milk on both sides...and under $5!!


It has a home it in my cabinet....fits in perfect!!


I may have to make it a weekly outing...checking out the thrift stores!  Tuesdays is discount day...may have to check it out again soon!  A day trip to Summerside may be required in the future to check out a couple of my favourite haunts there too!

In the meantime.....Mr. Seventies has taken on a painting project....freshening up the headboard in the main bath.  He went to pick up the paint...but it won't be in until some time this week!  Now any hardware store can match the paint on the moulding...but he's adamant to purchase the exact same paint.  So until then everything got a good wipe down....and taped off....



An update on Liesel...a vet visit was in order last week...as she continues to have an on-going issue with the "barfies" - I've been keeping track of the occurrences...and felt we needed a solution.  She was given an injection to settle her tummy & blood drawn for analysis and medication prescribed in the event she has an acid issue.  We should hear in the next couple of days the results of the blood work.
There have been no incidences of barfing for the past few days....but that was happening without the medication so I am not about to declare a victory yet...

We packed Liesel in the car one beautiful, sunny day & did a road trip around the North shore!  Ended up in Kensington....a small, bustling community which has the most amazing cafe & bakery!   We did pick up a few treats to have on hand....cream cheese iced cinnamon buns are to die for!  Worth the trip!  

Lastly...I "graduated" from the four week Bounce class!  I do much better if my knee is wrapped...still need my security chair close by in class though!  On going classes continue & I'll be starting up again....this time on Saturday mornings instead of an evening class.  Going to give it another four week run!

A shout out to some amazing bloggers I will be joining this week...Between Naps on the Porch https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!  

And tomorrow with Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday....and again with Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Happy Hearts & Homes....

As always, thank you for spending a bit of your time with me today!  I so appreciate your visits.....and until next time....



4 comments:

  1. You found some great things! I've never been thrifting, I need to start!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna!! Yes - give thrifting a try! I've decided to go a bit more - as I don't go near enough!! You just never know what "treasures" you will find!!

      Delete
  2. Charlotte, it looks like you came home with some great finds! The little milk pitcher is darling. Congrats on finishing your bounce class and enrolling in a new one. Sounds like fun. I do hope that they are able to find out what's wrong with Liesel and fix it. Poor baby. Happy Monday to you and take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!! Hope you are doing well....it's very windy & cold here today! Have a good week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete