Followers

Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome to 2024!!

 


Happy New Year!!  A brand new start to a brand new year!!  I hope your Christmas was relaxing and beautiful....it's hard to believe it's over!!

We thoroughly enjoyed the holidays....and it was wonderful to slow down and spend time with our loved ones.  Christmas Eve we spent with our grand baby & her parents....enjoying party snacks and dips before getting into some serious gift exchanges!  

I put together this bread bowl dip....and took it along to add to the snacks and munchies set out.  It's a really simple & delicious recipe...if you wish to try it...I'll share the recipe...

Fresh sourdough bread bowl, 1 pkg cream cheese, small container sour cream, small finely chopped onion, four pieces of crisp crumbled bacon.  Cut top off bread bowl...scoop out bread (save bread for dipping).  Mix up dip..and scoop it into bowl.  Place bread cover on top...wrap bowl in tin foil, place on cookie sheet,  Bake at 350 for one hour.  Delicious!  I put it together & popped it on the oven once we arrived and served it warm...


Christmas Day we had gorgeous weather....and warm temps.  We decided to start up the fire-pit and enjoyed a hot chocolate & fresh air!  Later in the afternoon we joined family for a delicious dinner with turkey & all the fixens!


Mr. Seventies gifted me a treadmill....a request I made a few months back!  I absolutely enjoy it daily...especially when the weather doesn't co-operate!  I prefer to walk outside around the neighbourhood....but winter months can be messy, cold & a bit brutal for doing that.  Now...I can put my air pods in, turn on the tunes....and walk in comfort!  I'm still opting for a knee replacement...but with our current health care woes...that could take 12-18 months...or longer.  

The treadmill is set up downstairs in the lower family room....a perfect spot where it's out of the way...yet easy accessible.  I find it runs smoothly, easy to use and quietly too!


I surprised Mr. Seventies with an electronic Palliser leather recliner!  There are two buttons on the right side of the seat cushion (out of sight)...for easy operation.  One switch raises the foot....the other lowers it!  He is enjoying his new chair & finds it very comfortable!  And...how about that teal colour??  
To accommodate room for it....we took down the Christmas tree...as delivery was three days after Christmas...


How it looks when the foot is raised up....the 100% leather is buttery soft...


Since the weather was beautiful....Mr. Seventies and our neighbour....took down the remainder of the tree hurricane Fiona damaged (and hurricane Dorian before that).  It was very sad to lose this tree...we hated to see it go....but safety ruled in the decision.  In the spring he plans to remove the large stump left standing.  This was one of thirteen trees we lost during the hurricane....


We enjoyed an early evening New Years Eve celebration with family....complete with pizza & garlic fingers.  And did a countdown for grand baby before her early bedtime!  We played balloon tag with her...she giggled herself silly!  Santa was good to everyone here this year!!

So, a brand new year...fresh ideas for a few small changes around this seventies split!  We did a huge purge and clean over the past few days....with the floors & entries undergoing a good cleaning.  Murphys oil soap makes the hardwood floors feel wonderful...and I love the smell it leaves behind,   

It's great to have the Christmas decor down & packed up for another year.  I enjoy the calm and emptiness feel once that is done.  Valentine appearing in the stores already!

Join me over at Susan's blog https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for the first  Metamorphosis Monday of 2024!

And tomorrow at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday....and Lyndsey's blog https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!! 

It's good to be back!  I hope everyone celebrated a blessed Christmas!!  

Til next time....









4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's Eve! The new chair and treadmill are both fantastic. I'm a bit envious of the treadmill; I like to walk every day too but when the weather doesn't cooperate I end up not going. Lucky you. Its heartbreaking about the trees for sure. I took our Christmas tree down today and I so know that spacious feeling. Happy first day of 2024 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! I hope you had a beautiful Christmas! I'm so happy to have a treadmill, like you...if the weather isn't decent or there is ice around...I don't walk either. Now I can walk...no matter what the weather. I hope 2024 brings you much health & happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I would definitely love to have a treadmill. Oh and that recliner really sounds so comfy. Happy New Year! #TTMT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Astrid! Happy New Year to you as well! I prefer to walk outside when Mother Nature is agreeable...but having the treadmill will keep me active! Have a great day!!

      Delete