Followers

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Out & About

While the weather has turned cold & windy here...I was out ..and popped into Home Sense & Michaels....

Upon switching from her crib to a "big girl bed".....I came across this adorable set at Home Sense...and picked it up for our little unicorn...

It comes with comforter, two shams, pretty pink throw & unicorn cushion....simply adorable...


Nothing else caught my eye...so I swung by Michaels...Easter and Valentine pieces up the wazoo...I did find a few things I liked.  This laundry room sign for example...and although I have gift cards....I'll wait until they come on BOGO sale....it's a generous size...


And I do like this one as well....who is going to take the time to read it all....especially when there are spray stain removal products available....


These mini books are adorable...would look great in any display...


I'm crushing on these hanging baskets...would look awesome filled with pretty flowers & hung on an exterior door....mine has nothing hung on it...I usually don't put anything during the windy, snowy winter months....so hurry up spring....



I chuckled when I saw this kitchen towel......


This picnic basket is too cute...and would look gorgeous in a table display....and can also be used for a picnic!


This is my picnic basket....I consider it a "family heirloom!  It's been around since I was a child...I came across it in my Dad's little storage building many years ago....set up in the rafters.  He didn't know where it had come from...it had been around for that long.  Since my Mom has passed by this time...its origins are unknown to me....

My Dad gifted it to me...I gave it a gentle cleaning before applying a fresh coat of stain & a co-worker at that time (remember when tole painting was a thing?)....painted the top.   My family name had been printed on the top in red marker....in case there was any doubt at picnics who the basket belonged to.  I sanded that off....and it looks the same now as it did 35+ years ago when it received a make over....



I've been wanting these pjs from LL Bean (Canada) since weeks before Christmas...however the $127 price tag was a deterrent!  (plus taxes).  I've been watching them...and they finally came down to less than half price...so I ordered them!  I love that most of their women's clothing comes in tall sizes....the first thing to happen upon washing is leg shrinkage!  Ordering tall sizes...gives me the right length afterwards!

Next trip the mainland....I'm going to check out their location!  I wasn't aware until recently they have a store close by!!  

I've also had my eye on these flannel lined boyfriend jeans...on sale less than half price as well...so I added them to my shopping basket.  Since I'm losing weight....I'm uncertain about sizes....but if they are a bit snug...they will fit me eventually....fingers crossed...




Liesel is still recuperating... able to put weight on her paw...so much so that it's hard to keep her from racing & stumbling!  She was in such a hurry to get her kong in her bed last night....she tripped a bit...and could have easily hurt herself again.  Hopefully after today....she can get back to our normal routine....with the cold temps & wind....she is curled up in front of the fire anyways....

Bounce class tonight....looking forward to it!  I have errands to run today...plan to bundle up for those!  We have Sunday dinner plans with daughter & family....home made beans has been requested...so I'll take a pot of those with us.  Great cold weather comfort food...and so good!

Have an awesome weekend & until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment