Followers

Monday, January 8, 2024

This & That

This post is not about anything specific....more of a Monday catch up!  First...I survived my first Bounce class!!  Yes I did!  And talk about an amazing group of women & instructors!    Don't let this photo fool you...I was not at all confident & spent the class with a chair in front of me for a bit of stability...but I had so much fun!!  Far left in the Learn to Jump class!  That's me...don't I look so confident??   I'm not.


I can't wait til class this week!  Such a fun time - and fyi - those boots weigh 5 lbs each!  I hope to be able to walk unassisted wearing them Thursday night!  The instructor....kneeling in the front...is simply amazing.  The whole group...so supportive!  I'm the only "newbie".....but felt so welcome & they were great to cheer me on!

In other news....Mr. Seventies put up the new light fixture in the family room!  It looks amazing...if not for the disgusting popcorn ceilings....I'd share a photo of it up!


Speaking of popcorn ceilings...we are having them removed!!  You have no idea how happy this makes me....I've hated them for so long.  We had the "talk"....and "we" decided they have to go!  The family room, kitchen, front entry & hallway...all going to be scraped...seam filled to repair any spots...and given fresh paint!!   Ok..I compromised.  I'm willing to live with the wood pellet stove a while longer....if the ceilings get done!  See?   I'm a reasonable person.  

I'm currently getting quotes ...I don't want them done until late April-early May...when hopefully most of whatever snow we get...will be gone.   A friend has a son who is a professional painter - will get a quote from him & have a local company coming to give an estimate...and I'll likely get a third...and go from there.  There was no way I was letting Mr. Seventies take on this project...sometimes you have to let the pros who do this for a living...take over.  

Next month, Mr. Seventies plans to freshen up the bead board in the main bath with a couple of fresh coats of white paint.  And eight of the interior doors as well.  After installing & painting all new moulding in the house...we realized the interior door paint is a "yellow" white....and against the brighter white mouldings...looks dingy & in need of painting!  He plans to remove a door at a time & paint in the furnace room.   A good winter project.  

I haven't been out in the stores much lately...it's been a bit on the cold side...with windchills.  Very happy to have my treadmill on days that Liesel & I can't go for walks.  I suspect Valentine & Easter decor dominate the decor stores....neither of which I fawn over.  And...we haven't had a major snowfall yet.  I likely jinxed that...it's only a matter of time.  First week of January 2024 in the books! 

Oh..I did need to purchase a pair of Silver jeans....two sizes smaller!  Yay me!  I'm down to one closet of clothes...with only minimal transition pieces to get me through.  Bra shopping is a whole different experience....just sayin'....that is between us.

Thanks for stopping by...so happy you are here!  Til next time....


And again tomorrow with Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday & Lyndsey https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - down two sizes you say. How awesome is that and yay for you is right. Congratulations!! I'm also very happy for you that you will soon have no more popcorn ceilings - yay for that too! You haven't missed much in the stores, mostly a smattering of Valentine's day and some early Easter stuff. Happy Monday to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Thank you for your sweet congratulations! It means so much! This is not my favourite time of year...for home decor. Winter is just getting started here - with a mess of rain & snow forecast for tomorrow. I knew I would jinx it...lol. Have an awesome week my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you are down two sizes! My husband and I intend to start working out together soon. The problem is getting started! We also have popcorn ceilings and I would love to get them scraped! Maybe some day. Thanks for visiting Tell It To Me Tuesday. I hope to see you again this week, with the fresh new name, Heart & Home Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndsey!! I am surprise it's not as costly as I thought to have the popcorn ceilings removed...and repairs & painting is included. Still have another quote to get...and will go from there. I will be so happy to have the popcorn ceilings gone!! Looking forward to the first ever Heart & Home Link Party!!

      Delete